Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need advice please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 177494
    OR you could just beat the living beep out of the ex.......
    Problem is there are 2 sides to every story aren't there? There needs to be 2 people in a relationship in order for it to work , if it isn't working then noone is going to win.

Its horrible seeing people you love in pain but the pain of lost love is something I think we have all been through, and its just all part and parcel of growing up. I'm not sure my mum getting an ASBO everytime I was dumped would have made me feel any better :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy catz, I have been dreading the day I have to deal with this.

You haven't said how old your son is but I'm presuming a teenager. I agree that all you can do is let him know you are there for him. I think you can reassure him to that time heals all wounds & this too shall pass. He may not believe you atm but personally I think it's reassuring to hear. And the fact is, time really is the only thing that will help.

I am going to be like whoever said they will beat the **** out of the ex, lol, I know that I will probably have to be restrained to keep from wanting to go all crazy mom on an ex that rips my daughters hearts out but I also realize it IS going to happen & there is nothing I can do to stop it.

As a parent, all we want to do is protect our children & take their pain away if at all possible.

Hope he gets to feeling better soon.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I still remember the pain myself. Sorry he's going throught this catz

Post Thanks / Like
    Growing up is so difficult isn't it. Even when you're an adult, lord it can hurt sometimes . It is important for them to grieve but it's equally important for them to realize that tomorrow is another day and another possibility.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just be there, for whatever he needs.

And yes, it always takes two tango.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all part of the rich tapestry of growing up i am afraid. Be there for him and just assure him that time heals all wounds and one day he'll not even be able to remember much about her. There's always new dating opportunities around.

Post Thanks / Like
    No words of wisdom but I have plenty of

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just going to add a little in here from me. Hang in there Mommy!

I hope you are all here when I have this problem someday

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. It's been a horrible roller coaster around here.

He's 20 and he had given her a promise ring a few months back. Now we find out she's been running around on him for weeks. He stayed with his best friend last night....He is shaky at best but slowly pulling it together.

We told him we love him and are always here for him.

He took a bath and is playing on the ps2 right now....so all we can do is be here for him...

it's ahelpless feeling watching him suffer like this. But Bless the hearts of his best friends! They are getting thru to him and helping him back on his feet.

and just so you all know....every word you all wrote helped in every way...even the beat the living beep out of the ex lol made me laugh which got him laughing....music to my ears :)

You are ALL always in my heart :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh poor thing. Thank goodness for mates - they can relate to them in a way parents can't.

First few days will be worst - lets hope it gets easier soon.

Hopefully the fact he's found out she's been running around on him will make him see he can do better and doesn't want agirl like that.

Hugs to you both

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast