Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mesage from our Wendy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for my text yesterday! It was good to hear from you although I wish you were feeling better.

Looking forward to when you are up to being able to log on here. Don't rush though. Take all the time you need to get that knee out of the extreme pain mode.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I am here :D not for long though :( I am supposed to keep my leg elevated until about Sunday and I just can't get comfy with the laptop, soooo whilst Chris is at work I have come upstairs to log in :D (time to hide before I get told off!) and he will never know :D

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes and to Tink, Keith, Issy and Terry for keeping everyone up to date on what's happening. I am surprised that Chris posted, I know he said he would, but he was very tired Tuesday night and I didn't think he would remember, so it's for him when he gets home tonight :D

What I'd give for a decent night's sleep as soon as the pain meds start to wear off I'm awake, they only seem to last for a couple of hours :(

I have 3 holes in my knee which I haven't looked at yet, I've got to change the dressings tomorrow so I'll see more then My knee is a lovely black with the odd tinge of yellow and it very swollen.

It doesn't sound like it is in a good way from what the doctor said it didn't feel like it was, but there was always that little bit of hope that it wouldn't be as bad as first thought. It sounds like it is hereditary as well, he was surprised at how aggressive it was and he said that it wasn't down to wear and tear Chris seems to think he was saying that the bone layers were separating, but I don't know if that's what he meant

I have an appointment to see him next Tuesday at 6pm and he will talk about it more then and decide what route to take. I got the impression that a replacement is not on the cards now though, he said he would go through every option when we met.

One thing which I was relieved about was that he didn't think it was worth moving and replacing some of my bones I don't even like the sound of that let alone would have wanted him to do it

So that's it really, I am fed up, I have had a migraine which is now a very bad headache, my knee is hurting like crazy, I am tired and I'm feeling sorry for myself and I want chocolate - I'll add it to the shopping list but I bet Chris doesn't bring any back

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it's great to see you but, I'm going to have to at going up the stairs when you should be resting the knee! It sounds so painfull.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="Wendy, post: 178041"]I am here :D not for long though :( I am supposed to keep my leg elevated until about Sunday and I just can't get comfy with the laptop, soooo whilst Chris is at work I have come upstairs to log in :D (time to hide before I get told off!) and he will never know :D
    there is a reason they told you this hun i know you are missing secrets a lot and must be getting fed up beyond belief but you really do need to rest and keep it elevated saying that i hope you are back to your cheery happy and helpful self soon. I dont want to cause any upset or offence by what ive said but as im a physiotherapist i really have to tell you how important it is to follow the dr advice (however much it pains me to agreee with dr's)

what you need is lots of friends round so you can use them as little slaves
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo77, post: 178077
    there is a reason they told you this hun i know you are missing secrets a lot and must be getting fed up beyond belief but you really do need to rest and keep it elevated

exactly! put your feet up sweetie hope you're feeling better soon xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wen, you norty girl going upsatairs, ooooh Chris only kiddin xx you must do as your`e told, wish i could get out to buy you some choc and post it, but ive come down with a virus and feel Yuk dont want to pass it on so stayng back from everyone hiding away in the house
    Love n
    Jacqui xxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy, please do as you're told, you know it makes sense Hope you're now on the mend

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge
    2016 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy

If you want chocolate you only have to ask...you'll have about a hundred lots of them winging their way in the post from everyone

Take care hun xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope your pain lessens soon Wendy!!

And why wouldn't he bring you any chocolate!! You should be on a choc drip! :)
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    aww get better soon Wendy!
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast