Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious

Post Thanks / Like
    We have always booked DIY. Flights,villa,hotel,car,tickets. For us a party of 5 it has always worked out cheaper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Another DIY`er here!
    I book our flights direct with VA, taking advantage of upgrades & special offers etc. using our FC miles whenever possible.
    I also pre book the car hire from here in the UK [normally with Dollar via VA, however in view of their recent bad press on this site I may look for an alternative company the next time!]

We spend most of the time in our own villa, along with using our DVC points to fund staying a few days on site, usually at the GF.
    We occasionally do a DCL cruise or venture further afield [eg the Keys], and again I tend to sort these things out myself rather than via a TA.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always booked it myself, doing it all three ways:

In 2002 I saw an advert in the News Of The World, and after quickly shopping around a bit, went back to the advertiser as they were cheapest by quite a bit (it was out of season, with Travel City Direct).

In 2005, Virgin Holidays were cheapest, so we booked that online. I'd joined flying club beforehand and managed to get my 5% online discount replaced with a 10% FC discount.

In 2007 We wanted to go for an awkward number of nights (17), and Virgin Holidays really didnt seem to like that for some reason, and was hiking the price up by a daft amount - so we booked the flights direct with VA, and the hotel directly through the disney website. My ex's brother came too and wanted his own room, and this seemed to be the cheapest option of getting a room for just 1 person, because VH etc wanted to add a 'single person supplement'!! My dad and stepmom came down that year from Philly and I arranged that with a TA.

Next time it'll be DIY as I have some miles I can use with VA.

We've always stayed at ASM, but next time it'll be a moderate to get free dining :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 177879
    We have always booked DIY. Flights,villa,hotel,car,tickets. For us a party of 5 it has always worked out cheaper.
    Yes I totally agree that's one reason for us having our villa lots of space and no under occupancy charges as there are 3 of us most times We also have a 2 bedroom timeshare we have had since mid 90's and it doesn't owe us a penny we have exchanged all over the place with it I don't bump our prices in the school hols either because when our daughter was at school it used to make me annoyed and sometimes it was a real struggle to go away
    Take care
    Barbara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TIGGERS VILLA
    WWW.FLORIDAGOLFVACATIONVILLA.COM
    BILL AND BARBARA WELCOME YOU
    01709 881502

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12