Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday - another blustery one

Post Thanks / Like
    just heard my aunty has been flooded she is in her neighbours upstairs flat awaiting rescue water has got most of the way up the stairs so they will have to go out through the window :( my brother managed to get her grandaughter on her mobile phone :) least there safe :)

Post Thanks / Like
    glad wshe is safe but it must be soul destroying having that much water in your house poor lady

Post Thanks / Like
    Ann, so pleased she's safe What a relief. Though of course there'll be a lot to deal with afterwards, and her home will be an an awful state :( Bless her, so tough for her, at her age too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its the drying out after that takes so long and it just gets in everywhere :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah no. That's terrible news to learn first thing this morning. :( I hope everyone ends up being ok without much loss. Floods are as unforgiving as fire. Sometimes we don't realize that as they are so different.

It's a gray and cool day here. Looks like rain. 65 degrees at 7:30 am.

Looking at a busy Friday, with a very busy weekend. We have all our Thanksgiving shopping to do.

Take care everyone. I hope the bad weather is subsiding so no one else is flooded.

Perhaps the Aunty can have an emergency mobile phone? That way you could always reach her?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    :( big hugs to anyone who knows anyone or is affected by them

Up here we are having windy days with patches of sunshine, and then rain, and then it starts again. Very weird. This morning it was too warm with a coat on so I took it off and then it started raining!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry your Aunty is suffering with the floods Ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Ann so sorry about your Aunty, .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    hey dont be sorry people she is safe and well and now at her daughters house thats all that counts material stuff is nothing. my parents have been on the phone from tunisia to see how she is my mums mum died when she was young and my aunty has been like her mother they are very close :)

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous day here - hot and humid, typical Queensland summer weather!

So sorry to hear about the folks affected by the flooding!

Hopefully a nice weekend here - Gareth's birthday party tomorrow so that will be great fun, and he might even let me post some pictures!

(actual birthday not til Wednesday!)
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast