Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday - another blustery one

Post Thanks / Like
    Horrible wet and windy here, but much worse up North, horrible scenes of flooding in Cumbria

By my reckoning this is the 5th consecutive year there has been serious flooding in the UK.

This was after a protrated period of 'drought' when they told us all to plant cacti in the gardens and used to show our local reservoir on the news every night with nothing but a puddle in it and a fish gasping for water lying on its side claiming 'doom'

We were going to by the boys bunnies for the back garden

Might get them a pod of dolphins now though

Post Thanks / Like
    im so worried this is where all my family are from :( luckly my parents are in tunisia for 3 weeks but i cannot contact my aunty who lives in cockermouth and she is 85 the phones are down also i did get 1 of my brothers who is also trying to contact our aunty :(

Post Thanks / Like
    We have got rain and lights winds but I know up north the scenes aren't the same, I really hope everyone from the affects areas are all safe and well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been watching the weather on CNN this week, while I have been in Germany. I noticed all the bad weather that you folks in the UK are getting. I hope everyone is safe.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 177945
    im so worried this is where all my family are from :( luckly my parents are in tunisia for 3 weeks but i cannot contact my aunty who lives in cockermouth and she is 85 the phones are down also i did get 1 of my brothers who is also trying to contact our aunty :(
    Hope you get in contact soon - so awful

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 177945
    Oh Ann It looks like they are systematically getting to all of the houses one by one, knocking on doors, so fingers crossed you'll hear from her soon :(

I was living a mile or two from Cockermouth till 3 years ago, and was affected by the last floods. Both of our cars were writtten off, and I remember wading through the town centre. I am feeling quite emotional watching the footage; I lived there for a good few years and was very fond of the place. My accountant's offices are on that main street on the news; I was due to speak with him today but I don't think that will be happening.

My friends up there all seem ok, though they have no electricity - mobile phones are a godsend!

So the blustery day around here and the constant rain don't seem too bad now! Though the roads to the West are closed.

Blustery here, and puddles of rain

Post Thanks / Like
    oh Deb where abouts were you living my parents live in seaton and i lived at high harrington for 20 years my mum was born in cockermouth where all her family still live. i have seen a picture on the web of a bridge next to where my aunty lives and its nearly submerged so i think she will have been moved to a centre

Post Thanks / Like
    I lived at Dovenby, Ann, from the late 90's, and before that I was in Whitehaven from 1990. Small world, eh? :)

I think your Aunt will be in a centre, they seem pretty well organised up there, and you know what people are like for checking on their neighbours.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow deb thats amazing that you were just up the road :)

Post Thanks / Like
    And we never knew!! And now we live MILES apart! Used to walk the dogs on Maryport beach most days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast