Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wouldn't you know...

Post Thanks / Like
    When oil prices were supposed down a few days ago, I filled my little car's gas tank at $4.16 per gallon.

Today, when they're rising again, the price at the same station is $4.06 per gallon.

What's with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 9173
    When oil prices were supposed down a few days ago, I filled my little car's gas tank at $4.16 per gallon.

Today, when they're rising again, the price at the same station is $4.06 per gallon.

What's with that?
    at least yours are going down *sometimes*, over in the UK they're just steadily rising :(
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Our prices are all over the place. Usually, the second there's a whisper on the news of oil prices rising, the stations raise the prices. They're significantly slower to lower them, though!

This station is near my office, so it's convenient, although not the least--or most--expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    :sigh; It is aggravating isn't it? I've learned to fill up when I see what I think is a low price. Here if you pass that up, it'll be higher when you next drive by. :(

Wonder where it will stop? "Everyone" cites rising gas/oil prices for increasing costs.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taja, post: 9175
    Our prices are all over the place. Usually, the second there's a whisper on the news of oil prices rising, the stations raise the prices. They're significantly slower to lower them, though!
    yeah isn't that the truth!

Over here they used to at least make SOME attempt to follow the oil prices, ish. I mean, once they went up, they never went down quickly or by as much as they'd gone up :( but truly insane now, every few days it goes up
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 9176
    :sigh; It is aggravating isn't it? I've learned to fill up when I see what I think is a low price. Here if you pass that up, it'll be higher when you next drive by. :(

Wonder where it will stop? "Everyone" cites rising gas/oil prices for increasing costs.

And "everyone" knows, don't they? ;)

Unfortunately, fuel/transportation costs affect almost everything in our lives. :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    It sure does.

Our part of Virginia has usually been lower in gas prices than most of the other states. I was truly suprised to see it was cheaper in parts of Orlando than it is here. It's about $3.95 here. I saw it down to $3.89 and $3.91 in Orlando.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    It affects everything. I had to find a house close to school and try to get my classes on two days just to avoid making extra drives. I'm generally a homebody, but with this gas I make all my errands at once and try not to double back for anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 9222
    It affects everything. I had to find a house close to school and try to get my classes on two days just to avoid making extra drives. I'm generally a homebody, but with this gas I make all my errands at once and try not to double back for anything.
    I can relate to that, Ducky! I do most of my errands on my way home from work--on days when I leave early enough for the stores to be open! Last Saturday (Independence day weekend), I actually ran errands in the opposite direction and felt positive decadent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Petrol is sold here in litres and with 3.785 litres to the gallon and petrol around 1.19 a litre , that works out at just over 4.50 a gallon. Multiply that by 2 and that means we pay
    $9 per gallon. you are very lucky that you have such 'low' prices!

Margaret

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast