Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is it just me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooooh no way would I buy something for someone from a link that they had sent me. I am completely against this buying people what they want, especially adults.

We have cut our list of people we give presents to right back an have asked family if they wish only to send gifts for the children.

My hubby and I don't exchange expensive gifts at Christmas but we do try and find original and unusual things for each other. My Dad is great he loves Christmas shopping but won't spend tons of money. Last year I got a wooden puzzle and a second hand children's book that he used to love reading to me when I was little, he also painted me a picture for my bathroom.

My sister and I always make something for each other. We have done that since we were little. I have started on a cross stitch for her that I think I will make into a cushion. I have bought her a pair of pjs too lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once upon a time...

When Leu's children were outgrowing the "child" stage where I could figure out what to buy them without seeing them often, I asked them to send me lists from the Sears catalog (Fall/Winter or Christmas). I always told them no guarantee that they would receive anything on the list, but I would have styles, colours and sizes as a guide. Leu always sent me the undedited lists with the comment not to take the lists too seriously. Usually I bought something on each list, but then branched out from there. Did the same with my cousin's daughter in the midwest, since we only saw her about every five years or so.

These days, the adults no longer exhange gifts. Apart from the number of people involved, nearly everyone buys what he/she wants during the year, so we end up exchanging gift cards. What fun is that? It's much more fun to get together or plan a long-distance telephone call with a speaker phone!

Still buy a few things for Leu's grandchildren and my cousin's two grandchildren. With the current economy, it isn't a lot, but the thought is there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123