Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is it just me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas related rant i'm afraid

so you buy people presents at christmas - buying a gift is about thinking about what that person and what you would like to give them - is it not?

not sending people links from one website or another and asking them to buy that for you- i just don't see the point in doing that- just save your money and me some time and go and buy it for yourself and i'll do the same! grrrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like
    And the other side of this is...

I've refused to give my in laws any hints at all this year because I always end up telling them what to get me because they don't want to try and think about it themselves. This year I've told them that they know the sort of things I like and to get me a surprise please.

Watch this space...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 178419
    And the other side of this is...

I've refused to give my in laws any hints at all this year because I always end up telling them what to get me because they don't want to try and think about it themselves. This year I've told them that they know the sort of things I like and to get me a surprise please.

Watch this space...

I don't look forward to christmas anymore for this exact reason - everyone tells me what to buy their kids and I end up doing the same back (although I do try to give suggestions), really don't see the point

Wouldn't mind asking people for ideas to make sure it is something they haven't got etc, especially with kids, but not so precise.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I think I'm easy to buy for. I love Disney, gardening, wildlife, walking, geocaching, I shower every day, have been known to read a book or two. Surely you could come up with something from that lot without me linking you directly to something suitable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 178418
    Christmas related rant i'm afraid

so you buy people presents at christmas - buying a gift is about thinking about what that person and what you would like to give them - is it not?

not sending people links from one website or another and asking them to buy that for you- i just don't see the point in doing that- just save your money and me some time and go and buy it for yourself and i'll do the same! grrrrrrr
    You wouldn't catch me doing this... PSST! In case you were stuck for ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    every year my sister buys me a dvd or cd, she never really thinks about what I am interested in, In the past I have bought her Jewellery (9k gold), make-up, bath sets etc, always the thought has been there about what she would like - well this year I have bought her make-up and thats it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 178422
    Personally I think I'm easy to buy for. I love Disney, gardening, wildlife, walking, geocaching, I shower every day, have been known to read a book or two. Surely you could come up with something from that lot without me linking you directly to something suitable?
    a bread maker maybe

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had to tell my parents this year What I want exactly and send them links- just because I want quite specific things and they didn't know what was compatible with my camera etc. I do prefer suprises but at the minute I am into photography and they don't know very much about it
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 178427
    a bread maker maybe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 178434
    well someone had to say it im suprised it took that long

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast