Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Whether you are in the US, UK, Ireland, Australia, Mexico, or any other country, I hope you have a wonderful day today. I hope your day allows you to have a few moments to reflect on some of the things that you are thankful for.

Thank you to each and everyone who comes here to share their time, warmth and friendship with us here at Disney Secrets. Without you, we'd not have this site, and for you I am thankful every day.

There will be eight at our table, and we'll have the fairly traditional meal; roast turkey with chestnuts, gravy, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts with pancetta and chestnuts, roasted acorn squash with fig, walnut and honey filling, scalloped corn, roasted sweet potatoes with pecan and maple sauce, baked Hubbard squash, butternut and kale bread pudding, oyster dressing, herbed giblet dressing, gingered carrots, whole wheat dressing with pancetta, mushrooms, and chestnuts, cranberry sauce, cranberry jelly, whole wheat dinner rolls. We'll offer wine, coffee, eggnog, and milk.

Dessert will be pumpkin pie in whole grain crust, pumpkin pie in regular crust, apple pie, pecan tarts, pecan pie, chocolate silk pie, Indian Pudding and a very special berry pie. Dessert wine, coffee...

That will be our meal...

Enjoy your day!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, got room for one more? Your menu sounds sooooo good...

We're having a smallish Turkey Day nosh at my house, since it's just me and the two weans. (On the up side, they're now old enough to help with the pre-planning AND the cleanup, woohoo!)

I've got two hotel-style turkey breasts getting thawed and ready to hit an herbtastic brine bath (sage/salt/sugar/vinegar/rosemary/apples) in about an hour. While they marinate, I've already got home-made cranberry sauce done and chilling nicely. The stuffing has sage, onion, diced apples, dried cranberries and 'shrooms mixed in with the cubed bread--also done and chilling for reheating in the oven tomorrow. A pumpkin pie and my very first homemade pecan (pea-can or peh-cahn) pie are both finished, along with my kids' contribution to the feast: Pilgrim Hats made of round fudge-coated cookies with chocolate-dipped marshmallows seated on top, and yellow buckles piped on with frosting.

Tomorrow I'll be getting up at 5:30 to toss the brined birds into the oven, then making mashed 'taters, sweet potatoes with ginger/nutmeg/brown sugar, broccoli in a cheese sauce, and acorn squash...all the side dishes!
    Biscuits, crudite veggies, crackers and "pub cheese" and an assortment of beverages round out the meal.

I've been peeling, dicing, chopping and schlepping all over the kitchen since noon Wednesday, taken trash out twice and run three loads in the dishwasher---and I think I just might be able to get all the dishes coordinated and finished in time for a noonday meal!

I'm exhausted but so thrilled to see things falling into place, right down to the new tablecloth, dishes and centerpiece, all set and in their places!

I'm thankful for all that I've been blessed with, and thankful for the warm friendship of all those I've "met" online, near and far. My Thanksgiving prayer is that we can all find peace and joy in each moment of the coming year, and that this holiday is merely the first of many blessed moments for each one of us.
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope your turkeys are all tasty! Have a wonderful day!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your day!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great day! Please save some of your yummy turkey for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    A great Thanksgiving to all of our American friends.
    Having read your plans Tink, it seems like we are missing out on a great celebration over here, hope all goes well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't really know everything that is on our menu this year. We are going over to our Son and DIL's house. They are doing the turkey, dressing, gravy and green bean casserole. We are bringing boiled onions, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and sweet potato casserole. Our DIL's brother is bringing the pies. Since I am the only one who would eat it anyway I'm forgoing my traditional hubbard squash.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Thanksgiving you guys

All your menus sound wonderful - have such a great day

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast