Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrading a laptop?

Post Thanks / Like
    Needed a laptop to run in tip top shape, as I start my dissertation next semester.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goodness, here we go!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I know! A little exciting and overwhelming. I finally found a chair, as I have a difficult topic (for some).

Post Thanks / Like
    Finding a chair is a critical piece. Are you able to communicate well with your chair, or did you end up with the person by default? Not that that would be insurmountable, but it's always preferable to have someone who understands and supports your thesis while having critical thinking skills that are productive and not just critical.

Hope that made sense!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually wanted this person, as this person is an expert in the field. The person has been faculty at my school, but now only teaches one class (on my topic). The other time is spent in the field.

Unfortunately, I think most of correspondence will be through the phone or net, as we do not live close.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that will be good. It will help you learn to write with clarity and persuasion, and back up your statements with evidentiary data.

Oooh, this is exciting!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know. I have to start researching during Christmas break (that's one of the many things I will be doing school related).

Post Thanks / Like
    You've come a long way, Billie. I remember when you were just a kid in undergrad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goodness, that was so long ago!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123