Thread: Office question

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the office cd for my desktop and laptop, now if I was to decide to just buy a new laptop would I be able to install the office on the new laptop? The home version only allows you to install on 2 computers. Would I have to uninstall on the old laptop to install on the new one?

Does that make sense?

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably not. There is a license key that you will need to type in when you install it. I believe it keeps track of how many times you use the key. Therefore I don't think you can deinstall it from one and install it on another.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be wrong in which case I'll bow to John's wisdom on this one but I think you will be able to install it without a problem. When you come to activate it, you'll PROBABLY be ok but if not, you'll have to call microsoft and they'll activate it for you. The call is very easy, they may ask why you're reinstalling, you say "new laptop" And that's that.

Legally of course, you'll only be able to use on 2 machines so you should uninstall from one of the old ones.

You'll definitely be able to do it, it's just a matter of whether it works straight off or if you need to call.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good, as long it will work.

Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 179013
    I may be wrong in which case I'll bow to John's wisdom on this one but I think you will be able to install it without a problem. When you come to activate it, you'll PROBABLY be ok but if not, you'll have to call microsoft and they'll activate it for you. The call is very easy, they may ask why you're reinstalling, you say "new laptop" And that's that.

Legally of course, you'll only be able to use on 2 machines so you should uninstall from one of the old ones.

You'll definitely be able to do it, it's just a matter of whether it works straight off or if you need to call.
    Keith I didn't even think about that. You may well be right, if she explains to them what she is doing. However, I really thought that it asked me for the key before it let me install.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 179045
    Keith I didn't even think about that. You may well be right, if she explains to them what she is doing. However, I really thought that it asked me for the key before it let me install.
    It does ask you for the key pretty near the beginning of the process but it just accepts "any valid key" it doesn't, as far as I'm aware, check for how many times/computers you've activated it on until you get it all installed. Even then, there's some degree of grace involved.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com