Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blah, I can't do Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried to crunch numbers but I just can't swing my dream resort of Animal Kingdom :( :(

If you had to choose between Swan/Dolphin and CSR which would you pick and why?

We have stayed at Port Orleans before and want to try something different.

Thanks
    Kathy, disney loving mom of 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely go with the Swan. Purely for the beds and location. :D

I have stayed at both the Dolphin and Coronado Springs Resort. With the Dolphin you have to deal with convention people. I know there are convention folks at CSR, they did not seem to be everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind that you do not get all of the Disney benefits staying at the Swan/Dolphin. They are NOT Disney hotels. Plus if you have a car with you they charge you to park.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I remember not being able to do is charging to the room, but they deliver packages, use the buses, and allow for extra magic hours. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree on the HEAVENLY BEDS :)

but Im not sure what benefits you dont get...

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought they didn't do delivery to the resort?

Swan or Dolphin are really nice resorts! Their location is great too. You can walk to EPCOT or DHS (or take a ferry) and bus to the other two parks, DTD and water parks.

If all things were equal (the rate was good :D ) I'd definitely go with the Swan or Dolphin over the other.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep they deliver. I picked up my packages in their gift shop when I stayed in the Dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, wonder if that package delivery thing is new. I don't think they used to do that.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's great news, Foreverducky! One more reason to be pleased with staying there!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the Swan & Dolphin would be as high as AKL? I haven't checked the rate there in years but as I recall it was as pricey as the deluxe. But if the rates are the same I'd be tempted to try S&D just because I never had and due to the location. I love the Epcot resorts. I've only visited S&D & eaten there & tho it's beautiful it doesn't seem to have the Disney touch all the others do.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast