Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blah, I can't do Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried to crunch numbers but I just can't swing my dream resort of Animal Kingdom

If you had to choose between Swan/Dolphin and CSR which would you pick and why?

We have stayed at Port Orleans before and want to try something different.

Thanks
    Kathy, disney loving mom of 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely go with the Swan. Purely for the beds and location.

I have stayed at both the Dolphin and Coronado Springs Resort. With the Dolphin you have to deal with convention people. I know there are convention folks at CSR, they did not seem to be everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind that you do not get all of the Disney benefits staying at the Swan/Dolphin. They are NOT Disney hotels. Plus if you have a car with you they charge you to park.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I remember not being able to do is charging to the room, but they deliver packages, use the buses, and allow for extra magic hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree on the HEAVENLY BEDS

but Im not sure what benefits you dont get...

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought they didn't do delivery to the resort?

Swan or Dolphin are really nice resorts! Their location is great too. You can walk to EPCOT or DHS (or take a ferry) and bus to the other two parks, DTD and water parks.

If all things were equal (the rate was good ) I'd definitely go with the Swan or Dolphin over the other.
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep they deliver. I picked up my packages in their gift shop when I stayed in the Dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, wonder if that package delivery thing is new. I don't think they used to do that.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's great news, Foreverducky! One more reason to be pleased with staying there!
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the Swan & Dolphin would be as high as AKL? I haven't checked the rate there in years but as I recall it was as pricey as the deluxe. But if the rates are the same I'd be tempted to try S&D just because I never had and due to the location. I love the Epcot resorts. I've only visited S&D & eaten there & tho it's beautiful it doesn't seem to have the Disney touch all the others do.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast