Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing happened to Lou's school at the very start of 2007. She was in the second term of her NQT year then, and is now a lead teacher, phase leader, maths co-ordinator and literacy co-ordinator! Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket - thats the first thing she's afraid they'll pick up on.

I think a lot of schools get it in their first year, as they wouldnt want it to have bad teaching for 3 years un-noticed. Lou's school was only in its second year last time.

I know Lou will be ok... it's all the others!

They're in today and tomorrow... I'll keep you posted...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 179715
    Pleasant day temperature wise here today, but expecting some snow tomorrow. Sunday I go to see my beloved Redskins knock off the unbeaten Saints.
    That was such a good game!! Too bad the Skins can't seem to actually want to win a game

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesnt really warrant it's own thread, but Lou got an outstanding in her observtaion yesterday, so she's personally very pleased!! One of the three teachers they were concerned about got a satisfactory, and they are seeing Louise and the other two today, so fingers crossed!!

They are fearing a notice to improve based on the school results standards, unless they can argue out of it by proving that they have outstanding to good teachers, and that the standards were a result of poor management that has been corrected recently (the head only took over in Easter, after a year with a stand-in head, lou has only been a lead teacher and phase leader for two terms, the poor teacher in six has been moved elsewhere). Fingers crossed she can rest after today, and really enjoy christmas without the threat of another Ofsted visit next term!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay - well done to Lou.

Fingers crossed that the new head can talk them round

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Lou!!

Jon did a (surprisinglybutpleasedon'ttellhimIsaidsobecauseId on'twanthimtothinkIdoubtedhim) wonderful job sheetrocking our soon-to-be new dining room. I can't wait to have it finished!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Her school (just about!) got a satisfactory from Ofsted!! Louise was observed twice (the second one was just to make sure the first one wasn't a fluke), and got outstanding in both.

They will be back next year to make sure the changes / improvements discussed are fully implemented, but thats it.

Lou was so happy - thanks for the kind thoughts, everything helped!

Now we can relax and celebrate christmas properly!!

WoooHooo!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done to Lou and the whole school

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Lou! :D
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Lou!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Go Lou! Well done!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123