Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any news on the development of Pleasure Island?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

has anyone heard any new news on the development of what was Pleasure Island?

Apart from the "official statement" that it will be for more shopping and restaurants?

All boards seem to have gone quiet on this issue in recent months and was just wondering if this is because there has been no development over there?

I had my fingers crossed for more evening entertainment such as shows and dinner shows however don't think this is the direction Disney are going to take on this one

xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could answer your questions but I know nothing. I am under the impression they were trying to make it more geared towards families but I could be wrong about that.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    At this time it's pretty boring. Sorry to be so blunt, but that is my honest thought. There is the new restaurant, but it's not all that interesting... The clubs remain closed and there are no indications of them reopening as anything else any time soon.

I don't know what Disney truly has in mind, but whatever it is, they would do well to get on with it. PI isnlittle more htan a walk through right now.

(Yes, there is some outdoor entertainment but is a real yawn. ).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear

Come on Disney sort yourselves out, why close it you silly sausages if you were just going to leave it empty.

Lets all hope they'll just open something amazing! xx (hopefully before I go next year!!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2theMouse, post: 180383
    Come on Disney sort yourselves out, why close it you silly sausages if you were just going to leave it empty.
    A close CM friend of mine told me that Disney had to close the place down because of all the trouble they were having from certain drunken revellers which was tarnishing the Disney image.
    Actually, although the land on which PI stands is owned by Disney, all of the various bars, shops and restaurants etc. are franchised to others.
    As such this is one [probably the only one] of the areas on Disney property that is policed by regular cops rather than Disney Security.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh, I didnt realise there was that much trouble there?

My friend got assualted in a club there last time we went and the local cops were there so fast and they were really great. But he was left with awfull bruises and cuts for the rest of the holiday, not a good look walking round the Magic Kingdom

I am going to lobby Disney for a Broadway type show district to replace Pleasure Island

x

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2theMouse, post: 180398
    Gosh, I didnt realise there was that much trouble there?
    You wouldn`t believe some of the things I was told about what used to go on there, some of which were not purely restricted to alcohol!
    It`s sad when a few idiots spoil things for the majority eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, no wonder Disney closed it down (whether thier hand was forced or not) you wouldnt want that anywhere especially not in a family environment.
    I don't have children myself but would definatly not want to see any of that on my holiday.

Lets hope they find something exciting to replace it with, fingers crossed for dinner shows or dining experinces not just more shops!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I never once went to Pleasure Island. I'm just not a bar person & I don't dance so it just didn't appeal to me. I hope they do open up some places that may not appeal to drunks & trouble makers as much. Anytime there is alcohol & a party atmosphere you can usually count on one or two jerks to ruin things because they have no control.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want the Adventurer's Club back!

Tom (... nothing better than a conversation with a disembodied head!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast