Thread: Erm.....Virgin :o)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, the sets of two seats at the back of the plane that have been taken off folks like me who had previously pre-assigned them....are they now only available when you check in or, do you have to pay extra for them now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 9606
    Ok, the sets of two seats at the back of the plane that have been taken off folks like me who had previously pre-assigned them....are they now only available when you check in or, do you have to pay extra for them now?
    grrrrrrrrr <mutter mutter> kicks non-existant cat

It's a subject of some debate. The best theory at the moment is they'll be offered first to special needs passengers and then if any are left, they'll be made available at or just before checkin time. I suspect they wont be pay extra but some folks are saying that the way virgin are trying to save every buck and extract more money out of everyone, they're quite expecting them to be extra
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I read on V-flyer they are charging for them....I could well be wrong though

Post Thanks / Like
    There's some kind of thing where they are rearranging the seats to give some of the economy seats a 34" seat pitch and sell them at check-in for around 30 each.

I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've just taken this off of Virgin's site about the new seats.

STRETCH YOUR LEGS IN ECONOMY
    As of the 25 June, passengers flying in Economy now have the option of purchasing an Extra Legroom Seat on all 747 flights from Gatwick and Manchester. These spacious seats will be fitted on each aircraft, offering those passengers who prefer a little more room, the choice to spread their legs at a little extra cost.

The seats will be sold on a first come first serve basis at the check in desk on the day of departure so arrive early to avoid disappointment.
    Hope it helps Diane, but it does look like you will have to pay for them now and they are only available at check in

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 10559
    Hope it helps Diane, but it does look like you will have to pay for them now and they are only available at check in
    I'd probably do it if they were available beforehand but I'm not getting to checkin any earlier than I already do!

I think I'd rather they made them ALL a bit better seat pitch and charged a bit more. Not that I want to see the price go up, but their economy section is starting to feel very very old and crumby
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Wendy.....I was hoping to do online check in just before we leave the house for Manchester. Doesn't sound like you can book them online either