Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to do once we get there

Post Thanks / Like
    well i have penned the usual days in the parks and a couple of days in the water parks but is there anything else in florida that should go on my must do list?
    we have all the disney parks, sea world, universal x2 , (not doing busch gardens) aquatica and blizzard beach n typhoon lagoon.eldest ds wants to do wet n wild (personally i hope its more wet than wild) and thats where im stumped
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're doing Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and Aquatica I personally would save my money for another day and not do Wet 'N' Wild. Are you going near to Halloween? Because that opens up some more options if you are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have your own transport? There are loads of other things, but will require a drive. Kennedy Space Center is over on Cape Canavaral. It's a great place to visit. Cocoa Beach will be really close then too.

There are places to see the manatees, depending on when you will be here (temperature wise).

How far do you want to drive, and would you want to stay over elsewhere in Florida?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow you have a full plate there! I have never been to Wet 'n Wild but I know my sis-in-law who lives near there says it's not that great. If you are doing a lot of water parks you may not need that one.

does anyone know if SKull Kingdom is still opened? I always wanted to try that. It's this big castle with a skull front that flames shoot out of & they have a haunted dinner & a show. It's on I Drive. Afraid my two girls are a bit too intimidated at the thought but to me it looks very cool!
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I really didn't like Wet n Wild - it just didn't have the nice feeling of the Disney water parks.

I liked Aquatica but like the Dsiney one's better

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 180755
    does anyone know if SKull Kingdom is still opened?
    It closed last year

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 180775
    It closed last year

Well, guess I'll not be doing that then. Wonder what they will do with a big empty castle with a skull front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 180794
    Well, guess I'll not be doing that then. Wonder what they will do with a big empty castle with a skull front.
    The last I heard, there were going to be apartment built on the land. I'll be passing soon so I'll have a look I'll also take note of what has happened to the old Race Rock building.

Post Thanks / Like
    As I recall, Skull Kingdom was on some prime I-Drive property. Hate to think it's going to be taken up with an Apt. Bldg. Yeah, let me know when you see :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in that particular area of chaos! Can you imaging trying to negotiate the traffic jams on I-Drive on your way to work each day? Sheesh!

Sometimes I just don't understand developers.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast