Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday - 2 weeks to go

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 180703
    Wow. That's quite a trip. Hope his journey goes well.

Yesterday wasn't a good day - his flight from Delhi to Shanghai was delayed for 12 hours which really mucked up his meeting times for today.

They are 8 hours ahead of us here in the UK so he's now finished work and is out with someone from the team.

He has tomorrow to shop - I'm sure there will be bargains out there

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh. That is quite a schedule shock. I was delayed (several months ago now) by 8 hours once, and boy did it make for a hectic few days of catching up, so my heart goes out to Jai!

Sunday will come soon, and home he'll be safe and sound.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 180690
    I will probably spend most of the day wrapping presents, unloading washing machine/dishwasher, baking for the school Christmas fayre and telling my teenager why baths and showers are a good thing.
    When you know they're there before they enter the room, not so good LOl!! We've had a huge storm the past 2 days and have been off school. We have at least three feet of snow and even bigger drifts but at least right now you can see across our front yard. Today will be spent digging out and hoping we don't get the additional 12 - 16 inches they are calling for! Spent yesterday baking and will likely spend today baking as well, so far 4 kinds of cookies. Must wrap presents... I hate wrapping, really miss my daughter not living at home this time of year! Speaking of daughters, will be going over to her house on Sunday to help her bake for 2 cookie exchanges, if you knew Jenn you would know how incredibly funny that is!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday to the boy!! Will we be having Sponge Bob for our birthday again this year?

Dawn, sorry to hear about your voice...perhaps Luther will let you use his?

Today is actually the best sort of Friday for me...I'm off of work AND it's payday! I had to take the morning off to have a team meeting with Baleigh's teachers so I thought I'd make a day of it...I even convinced Jon to take the day off as well! The meeting is over, so now we're headed outside to hang lights and decorate the front yard :) After that it's all-you-care-to-eat sushi, some Christmas shopping and maybe a movie!

Saturday is more sheet rocking, more painting and a bit more decorating. Sunday we're off to a "Holiday Horrible Sweater Happening" at some friends as well as our favorite local vineyard to pick up a few bottles of wine for the holidays and the jewelry store to have my engagement ring resized (it's too big now!).

Whew. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a high of 8 degrees here with a wind chill of -10 for this morning

I'm staying home and finishing my craft stuff and drinking lots of cups of hot tea :D

Post Thanks / Like
    EIGHT???!!?! EIGHT?!?! DEGREES?

Holy cow. I'll go outside and tell Jon to stop his bellyaching now at our 18 :)

Or else I'll send him to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    No gingerbread pineapple this year. :D We are doing a traditional gingerbread house, but with so little time left, he'll be doing in on Christmas eve when he comes back.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Stttttttttttttttttttoooooooooooooooooooooooooppppp pppppppppppppppppp!

I'm not ready! i'm usually ready by now haven't been shopping for anything yet! Guess what i'm doing this weekend lol

Post Thanks / Like
    2 weeks until Christmas....how did that happen? Are we in a fast travelling time warp?

I am completely finished shopping. I thought my mom had wrapped all of my presents but apparently not so I need to do that. I am making my Christmas Rock cookies this weekend. My dad keeps bugging me to make them with Splenda so I shall try it. Hopefully they will be just as good or better.

Tomorrow I am going for a massage with Dennis. He does an awesome job

Other than that, I am not sure what else I will be doing this weekend

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Splenda acts just like sugar in baking (but not in caramelizing, it won't work) BUT it's sweeter than sugar, so you may want to cut back a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast