Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida wildlife

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 10362
    A bald eagle nest inside Kennedy Space Center - the tour bus driver will point it out if you ask.
    You don't have to ask. He will point it out anyway. Think they are very proud of the size of this nest.

Everyone needs a hug in the morning
    and one at the end of the day.
    As many as possible squeezed in between
    to keep lifes troubles at bay.

What’s another word for Thesaurus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Frist trip to Disney in 1976 (oops telling my age here) we stayed at FW , I fell over an armadillo on the way to the restroom, in the dark, we also saw lots of deer. Just last year I saw a big black snake at the resort.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only warning that a snake had been spooted by me would have been a blurr, followed by a sonic boom with the sound of 'snnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e" in there somewhere lol....I don't do snakes....
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw a snake in Typhoon Lagoon once by the edge of the lazy river. Think it was black, didn't really look that close.

Saw a dead rat there once as well. A CM had to come along and clear it away as it was right in the middle of the path. I'm assuming they have poison down somewhere to keep the rodents under control?

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw lots of dead snakes on the sticky pads in the garage of the villas we stayed at and those little bright green tree creatures that begin with the letter F Also had one of those things jumping around in Tony's once - I've never run so fast

Also saw lots of roadkill on the way to KSC - armadillos and racoons

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We saw a HUGE turtle. I didn't know too much about them at the time, but thinking back it was probably a Florida soft shell turtle. It was MASSIVE.

Have a pic somewhere, but can't find it so heres one from google...
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohohohohoh that reminded me. Me and Nanny Lesley were driving along the Beeline Expressway back from Kennedy and there was a huge turtle crossing the road right in front of us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was told the black snakes were harmless, but none the less I gave it all kinds of room. I remember the little green tree frogs at Hillsboro State Park, hope this is the name it was a state park not too far from Bucsh Gardens. The Park Ranger there told me the gators only eat people north of the boarder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 10772
    We saw a HUGE turtle. I didn't know too much about them at the time, but thinking back it was probably a Florida soft shell turtle. It was MASSIVE.

Have a pic somewhere, but can't find it so heres one from google...
    I'm normally a big fan of turtles but that one is freaking me out a bit for some reason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 10861
    I'm normally a big fan of turtles but that one is freaking me out a bit for some reason
    Awe Lisa...he's cute!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast