Thread: Do you lock your case?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you lock your case?
    Have you ever had your case searched?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 9669
    Do you lock your case?
    Have you ever had your case searched?
    We used to have lovely expensive hard cases and locked them. We had the locks broken a few times in the early days before the tsa locks were available.

anyway we're back to soft cases which we lock with tsa locks and plastic ties now. We've had the cases searched a few times since but most of the time the only thing we notice is a note inside saying they were searched.

Sadly a couple of times they've left the cases without properly relocking them and they've ended up on the conveyer with less in them than they had.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    yes we do and use tsa locks as well, not had any searched so far, give it time tho
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep we used TSA locks last time, and one of the cases was searched. I'd never have known but for the note and the "flag" on the lock.

I can't remember the combination, so I am going to have to go buy new locks for this trip - unless anyone knows how to hack them
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, we used tsa locks....and yes one of the cases was searched but i didn't even realise until i found the note buried inside!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaqld, post: 9758
    Yep we used TSA locks last time, and one of the cases was searched. I'd never have known but for the note and the "flag" on the lock.

I can't remember the combination, so I am going to have to go buy new locks for this trip - unless anyone knows how to hack them
    you can easy guess them would take a while but you can do it, i have with a normal 4 digit combo lock......if you buy more get them with keys
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    we don't lock our cases since 9/11 and have never had a problem.

I never put anything in the hold that i would care about if it had gone missing and wasn't covered by insurance.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I travel for work, I don't check my luggage. I have a carryon that fits in the over head bin of most airplanes. When it doesn't I check it at the door of the plane "valet checking" they call it.

If I checked my luggage I'd be losing too much time in the travel. :sigh;

When I travel for fun, I check the luggage. I've had my luggage searched but only in my presence. I have a knack for getting singled out for the special screening. :sigh; The dreaded ssss on the boarding ticket. :(

So, all of that to say, no we don't lock our luggage (it's soft sided) and we've not lost anything from the cases. Yet.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We always lock ours with TSA locks. One was searched but we didn't know about it until we arrived home and opened it to find a polite printout inside tellng us it had been. I wouldn't have known otherwise as nothing in the case was out of place. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    We lock our cases with tsa locks. The cases have been opened a few times as we have found a note in the bottom of the case when we have been unpacking. :p015:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast