Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday - T-1 week

Post Thanks / Like
    No snow here :( :sniff: Off college today as we closed a day early :) Torts going into hibernation today! bah humbug!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I was wrong. School was closed. No visit from Santa, no Christmas parties, just a load of snow. :(

About half of us staff managed to make it in - I'm within walking distance - so the school is all tidy and ready for next term. And we had a snowball fight in the playground. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    We're expecting 5-15" tomorrow.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    We had our big storm last week, but the rest of the East coast is supposed to be slammed this week-end. For everyone in Virginia and the Carolinas, please be careful, Hockey and basketball this weekend. I still have 2more kinds of cookies to bake and our Holiday Pound cake. Presents are almost bagged or wrapped.We have an extra few days to finish gifts because our big party isn't until the 29th. But Ty is done!!!! Ty has 2 of his friends coming today for the weekend, they have a half day today but we still have 2 more days of school next week. Jenn took Ty to a hockey signing last night and bought him a new jersey. She is a great big sister! Have a great weekend everyone, it's almost here!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's cold and raining here. Gray.

BUT, I'm home and that is the best thing! It's the last day of school for Seth too. I'll be picking him up next Tuesday evening as I'll be working in his area of the state. I'll bring him home and then his Da will follow on Wednesday.

We did some shopping yesterday. We are sending gift cards and checks to the out of state folk, but our Seth is right here, so we wanted presents for him. We had to hunt the earth for a simple pair of pajamas! Now why on earth are there NO BOYS pajamas anywhere?

I did some shopping for Herself too. Talk about a difficult person to buy for. I have a few things here and there, but nothing really nice.

Our tree is standing, not decorated yet, but at least it's up! LOL. We've loads to do before the actual holiday, but what gets done, gets done. What doesn't, doesn't! That's the way it is with working people, eh? You only have so much time and you make the best of it.

I've finally decided on Christmas Eve dinner and we will be doing a variation of Seven Fishes. It's a single dish (rather like a ciopinno without tomato based sauce) with seven "fishes." We'll have a lasagne too. I'm more excited about Christmas Eve dinner than I am Christmas Day dinner.

We'll be looking in the grocery shops this weekend for the special bits of food here and there. We'll finish shopping too, I'd imagine. Little things for stockings, and that is about all that is left.

Presents to wrap. And I'm still waiting for one present I ordered over the internet to come. It's supposed to be here by Christmas, but I want it here before I leave on Monday. :D

I'm sorry you had to miss your Christmas parties because of the snow, but I do know Dawn that you always are wishing for snow!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh I just remembered a conversation held with one of the boys in class yesterday afternoon. We were all drawing nativity scenes.

Boy: "Mrs Ashdown what is that animal outside your stable?"

Me: "It's a hippopotamus."

Boy: "Why do you have a hippo in your nativity scene?"

Me: "Because I can't draw a donkey."

Post Thanks / Like
    LOLOLOL! You are going to confuse the lot of them! LOLOLOL.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    @ hippo
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Here's a little story...

I was in a shop yesterday and found a little pair of New Balance that I thought might fit Seth. So, I texted a photo of them to his Da to see if he liked them, he did...

In the meantime a little British boy and his older brother were in the same row looking at boy's sneakers. I asked the older if I might speak to the younger, and with his permission I asked the little one how old he was. He said "five!" Since he is about the same age as now just 6 Seth, I asked if he liked the New Balance I was buying for Seth. Without hesitation, "NOOOOO!"

I bought them anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    And we'd made little bags of reindeer food to give out to the Reception children today and it's now sitting in a box in the staff room. :(

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast