Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Friday - T-1 week

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Ann. I don't know what to say

Hope you feel better with having a little rest Julie x

Post Thanks / Like
    hope you feel better soon brit didnt you have an ear infection this time last year or am i mistaken :(
    its hard being away from the kids especially this time of year but have to be sensible there warning people not to drive and my family live in the area that was badly affected by floods only a few weeks back where the bridges have been washed away and its a nightmare moving around there anyway so it really is difficult with all the bridges out.
    to cap it all off our heating has broken down and im flipping freezing :(

Post Thanks / Like
    daveann
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Daveann, aren't you in a new house! Sheesh!!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 181540
    It's cold and raining here. Gray.

BUT, I'm home and that is the best thing! It's the last day of school for Seth too. I'll be picking him up next Tuesday evening as I'll be working in his area of the state. I'll bring him home and then his Da will follow on Wednesday.

We did some shopping yesterday. We are sending gift cards and checks to the out of state folk, but our Seth is right here, so we wanted presents for him. We had to hunt the earth for a simple pair of pajamas! Now why on earth are there NO BOYS pajamas anywhere?

I did some shopping for Herself too. Talk about a difficult person to buy for. I have a few things here and there, but nothing really nice.

Our tree is standing, not decorated yet, but at least it's up! LOL. We've loads to do before the actual holiday, but what gets done, gets done. What doesn't, doesn't! That's the way it is with working people, eh? You only have so much time and you make the best of it.

I've finally decided on Christmas Eve dinner and we will be doing a variation of Seven Fishes. It's a single dish (rather like a ciopinno without tomato based sauce) with seven "fishes." We'll have a lasagne too. I'm more excited about Christmas Eve dinner than I am Christmas Day dinner.

We'll be looking in the grocery shops this weekend for the special bits of food here and there. We'll finish shopping too, I'd imagine. Little things for stockings, and that is about all that is left.

Presents to wrap. And I'm still waiting for one present I ordered over the internet to come. It's supposed to be here by Christmas, but I want it here before I leave on Monday. :D

I'm sorry you had to miss your Christmas parties because of the snow, but I do know Dawn that you always are wishing for snow!
    Tink, it's always harder to find nice things for boys especially at Christmas time! If you don't buy the winter pajamas in October you may be out of luck. I've been able to find hem at Gap and Old Navy if that helps. Marshall's too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 181583
    my dad has just rung me and said under No circumstance must we set off as the weather is really bad there and expected to get worse :( so now i am sitting in tears as its 2 months since i have seen my kids and i wont see them before christmas and all there presents are here and as there dad doesnt buy them anything for christmas they wont have any presents to open from santa :( im really upset :(
    It doesn't matter how old they get!! You still love them like they were little!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to tell you all,our son got engaged last night!!! The last one besides TY!!!! Whoopie!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 181637
    I forgot to tell you all,our son got engaged last night!!! The last one besides TY!!!! Whoopie!!!!
    Fantastic! Congratulations to the happy couple!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! How nice! Congratulations to them!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Daveann there aren't enough words to describe how you are feeling. Hope these hugs are of some help.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast