Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Snow storm coming....DO NOT WANT!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep Tinker....Xmas eve was the next one I heard about as well. At that point I won't be so upset as long as it's not a HUGE storm. The thought of any ice storm or wet snow scares me. the storm we had at the beginning of the year that knocked our power out for 5 days has really scarred me, lol.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    John, I remember about your cardiac condition, that is one of the reasons I'm concerned about your shoveling. Seriously, hire someone to do it. Neither of you should be out there in that sort of cold stressing yourselves like that. :(

Sister Tinker, thanks for checking in! I'm sorry you have to pay someone to wrap your presents though. :(

I did some wrapping last night. I start out very carefully, decorating the gifts to make them fancy and by the time I get to the end of my wrapping session the gifts are lucky to be wrapped neatly!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That happens with all wrapping...starts out with bows and ribbons and ends with giant bags and tissue paper smashed up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the Federal Government is shut down today so both Donna and I are home. I hope we aren't going to get another snow storm on Christmas as we are heading for Indiana to see all the rest of our grand kids the day after.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 181806

I did some wrapping last night. I start out very carefully, decorating the gifts to make them fancy and by the time I get to the end of my wrapping session the gifts are lucky to be wrapped neatly!
    ME TOO!! Last year though, after the holiday season, I found these FANTASTIC "Gift Wrap In A Snap" sets on sale for next to nothing...it includes the box, pre-cut wrapping paper, and even pre-affixed adhesive!! You just pop the present in, and VOILA! It's done in a SNAP! I love it and I'm no spoiled, I don't know what I'll do next year when I have to go back to the "old fashioned" way

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, apparently the snow was so heavy on my husbands van that it slid down the windshield & BENT the wiper arms down towards the engine!! He didn't notice it until today & he took them off & straightened them but now they won't work. Great. We all know how bad your windshield can get with all the slush from the road being sprayed up on your windshield from other cars.

Living in Florida sounds better & better to me as I get older, lol.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I am soo sorry to hear about everyone's BIG snowfalls!! Hopefully my secrets friends are digging out and remaining warm and safe.

Being the girl here in Buffalo NY who is looking at green(ish) grass and clear roadways I can't help but smile a little bit to myself! Sorry if that sounds a bit selfish but I'll be at the other end of this story in no time! :)
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Made it to the Richmond airport about 12:40am. We were delayed twice. They teased us by saying the plane had arrived. But then we were missing the co-pilot. So they had to call in a spare.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    At least they were missing people and not parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true!!

I was willing to co-pilot the plane since everyone tells me to be careful flying. I always laugh and tell them I am not the one flying the plane.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast