Thread: using my mobile in the US

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

We're trying to work out whether to use our mobiles in disney or whether to try and buy phone cards or a pay as you go mobile over there. Anyone any ideas and if its better to buy over there, where is best?

Post Thanks / Like
    If your phone is unlocked, there is a site for you to buy american Payg sim cards, if you get two of them then you could get cheap calls to each other? Or do you mean to call back to england?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought PAYG phones last year and they were so much cheaper than using our UK mobiles. I phoned the UK for something like 50 cents a minute it was silly money.

We will definitely be using them again this year it was so nice to be able to keep in touch with home and friends in the US.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 10349
    We bought PAYG phones last year and they were so much cheaper than using our UK mobiles. I phoned the UK for something like 50 cents a minute it was silly money.

We will definitely be using them again this year it was so nice to be able to keep in touch with home and friends in the US.
    Where from Wendy??
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought ours in Walmart, the phone cost something silly like $9.99 and it came with $5 of credit or it might have been $19.99 with $10 credit, I can't remember, Chris will know when he gets home.

When we were in the Mall of Millenia Chris was talking to someone in the shop and they said that they are excellent value.

I've had a look and it was an at&t GO phone - the phone is just a really cheap Motorola but it did the job. Looking at the leaflet international text messages are 25 cents to send and 15 cents to receive. Calls to other at&t numbers were free.

I'm just going to put the card into my old Nokia this year as my phone is unlocked - the Moto phone drove me crazy

Some of the phones don't have separate sim cards so you are stuck with the phone it comes with, I think that might be TRAC I'm not sure though, sorry.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    that sounds brilliant Wendy... I am considering taking my old mobile to spain with me... does anyone have the link to the site where you can buy a foreign simcard?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)