Thread: Rides, attractions & more of days past

Post Thanks / Like
    I just discovered a website last night called Walt Dated World (I hope it's ok to post here, they don't have a forum or even offer current WDW info). It's got tons of pictures & facts about old rides & attractions...even gift shops & eateries...that are no longer there. I spent an hour on it last night & barely touched the surface. Most of it I never saw or experienced but I still thought it was so cool & thought some of you might enjoy it as well.
    I'm not posting a link as I'm not sure if I'm allowed & if for some reason even talking about another site is a no-no just let me know & remove this but you can find it by searching google.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    It's ok. It sounds like the site is very different than this one. Plus, we sort of have that understanding that all of our members get to surf the 'net and visit wherever they please!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

i liked looking at the tickets and the prices............i wish lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool! Thank you! I love seeing all the photos!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 181769
    Plus, we sort of have that understanding that all of our members get to surf the 'net and visit wherever they please!

It may not have been this site but maybe one of the 'other' forums...but I remember someone posting a link to another site & getting a little slap on the wrist & having the link removed....yeah, sounds more like one of the other sites I used to go to after all

Yes, it's so cool! I went on again today & only made it through MK & a small portion of Epcot. What makes me feel old is there are actually a few things from since I've been going that are on there & I've only been going since 1997!
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    The only real thing we are concerned with here is if a link might lead to something less than Disney, if you know what I mean. Particularly if a child followed the link and ran into something less than appropriate.

Otherwise, if we have it here, we prefer a link not be provided to a site that provides the same info. Given that, it's a big ol' 'net world out there!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 181784
    I've only been going since 1997!
    Hah! Would I date myself too badly if I told you I first saw the Carousel of Progress at the 1964 New York World's Fair!

Tom (... working on being older than dirt!)