Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: contacting disney imagineers

Post Thanks / Like
    does anyone know how you would email or write them a letter?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm to what end? I used to know a few. Was a regular contact of Sam McKim for a while before he passed. (bet noone knows who he was ) Also I used to e-mail Gary Trousdale and Dave Pruiksma a lot and we had many long conversations - I expect you'll have to google them to even find out who they are. Oh and June Fujimoto who was a clean up artist on a lot of films like Hunchback.

Met Story Musgrave at NASA astronaut, doctor and Disney imagineer

Not sure if I ever wrote at length about Lisa and I spending the day with Alice and Marc Davies ;) - I intend to mention it every chance I get.

They were all old school (except Dave who is an animator)

I will do some digging when I get a sec but if you tell me what specifically you are interested in I can try and find someone appropriate

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus Chris... how do you know all of them?!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    lol Chris, i just had a little suggestion- totally selfish but nevertheless a suggestion

i never thought that someone may actually know some of them

what i need is the equivalent of a suggestion box

Post Thanks / Like
    lol Chris, i just had a little suggestion- totally selfish but nevertheless a suggestion

i never thought that someone may actually know some of them

what i need is the equivalent of a suggestion box

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney is sneaky and get loads of brilliant suggestions , usually when you e-mail them you get a stock reply of

'thank you for your idea, however we have a dedicated team who are working on ideas all the time etc etc blah blah... and then ends with them saying they have deleted your e-mail'

The reason for this is so you can't sue them, later when the ride is built and they are making $$$$ - sad but true, I had a cool idea for a dark ride and got that stock e-mail

Josh I used to be involved in a Disney fan club called 'Magical moments and memories about *shudder* 20 years ago - we had conventions *shudder* every year and we had guest speakers and people over to chat about Disney. Sam McKim was a great chap and came almost every year. Lisa and I knew 2 guys who set up an Animation art gallery in London and they invited Marc and Alice to a signing of Tinkerbell Art, the big public 'do' was in the evening, but they arrived early Sunday and as we were around the chaps asked us along - there was just the 6 of us .... it was awe insipring to think this chap was essentially Walts right hand man and drew so many of the iconic characters - Alice was also instrumental in a lot of Disney history as well

June and Dave we met at the Disney Institute they were walking around and I recognised them being a massively frustrated animator and Dave was so chuffed to be recognised and have someone know all the characters he created he gave me his e-mail and we chatted for a while.

Dave Trousdales e-mail I happened on by chance from one that DP sent out and wrote to him he replied and was a really nice guy.

The one man I couldn't pin down was Andreas Deja who was my all time animation hero

I am SUCH a geek

To be honest I was much more a 'Disney' person than a Disney theme park person - in fact the only person to pick that up on the old board (again *shudder* was Mickeymac) but I love the parks just as much now

hope that reply wasn't too self indulgent

Post Thanks / Like
    of course not, I'm very envious and i'm sure a lot of other are too. What happened to Mickeymac btw- anyone seen her around?

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris that's (and who cares if it's )
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 181765
    of course not, I'm very envious and i'm sure a lot of other are too. What happened to Mickeymac btw- anyone seen her around?
    yep! emailed her not too long ago, she's pretty busy
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you ever do again Keith send my love, I miss her

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast