Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a GIGANTIC step toward equal rights...

Post Thanks / Like
    until yesterday, the only "legal" figure approved for same sex unions was "sociedad de convivencia".... it worked not only for same sex couples, but for example, for someone taking care of an olderly person so they could cash in pension checks or make medical treatment decisions, etc.... so it WAS something, but NOT marriage, and it gave some rights, but not all rights married couples have...

until... YESTERDAY...

Same sex marriage was legalised in Mexico City yesterday...
    giving same sex couple the same and ALL the rights, other married coupels have.... including the possibility to adopt...

Great way to end the year!!! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    that's great news! well done Mexico

Post Thanks / Like
    :) Go Mexico! Arrribba!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    :D

Awesome , let hope this spreads north of the border :D

Post Thanks / Like
    That's fantastic news!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari, I wish I could express how much it means for you to have shared this wonderful news. Viva Mexico!!!

It's the perfect Christmas gift!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Just as in England people used to elope to gretna green to get maried can people now dash south of the border for a quick ceremony - I'm sure the US would recognise a marriage from mexico ? No

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome news!!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Federal Government of the United States does not recognize same gendered marriage regardless of where it is performed. "You are only married if you remain in the place where you were allowed to marry."

Isn't that the most ridiculous and truly anti-constitutional train of thought?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It IS ridiculous. By that same token, then one shouldn't be allowed to divorce in any state but the one they married in either.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast