Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do we do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Two days before Christmas and I've decided the house needs a "pull sofa away from wall and see what's behind it" clean. I've cleaned the fridge and am just having a break before scrubbing the kitchen floor.

Why??????

Post Thanks / Like
    and i bet you do a spring clean when you go on holidays too dontcha
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a small one.

And and and and...

A few weeks ago Adrian went to the local butcher and ordered our Christmas supplies. Well I picked it up this morning. Bear in mind there's 3 of us, plus 8 visitors on Boxing Day and somehow we've got to get through...

9lb turkey
    4lb beef joint
    4lb pork joint
    3lb ham joint
    1lb sossidge meat
    1lb sossidges
    2 packs stuffing mix

Where the heck am I going to put all that? The freezer is full of bags of rhubarb.

Post Thanks / Like
    You, dear lady, are a glutton for punishment.

Don't fret, so am I lol

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, never ever move the furniture!

We have a ham (you say gammon, no?) and a 15 lb turkey in our refrigerator that has to have room for a lasagna I am putting together today, along with egg nog and chocolate silk pie. Like we'll have room!!!

Why do we do THAT!? LOL. (Have too much food).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well one positive...

I found Steven's missing Star Wars slipper that was declared eaten by the dog weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting the things you find under the furniture when there is a little boy around! LOL. We have first hand experience of that too!

Speaking of which, HE'S HERE!!!!! :9: :9: Too much fun having a little one around just before Christmas.

Oooooh, that Santa thing works like a charm to coerce (did I just SAY that???! LOL) good behavior! :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I've done upstairs, changed the beds, cleared the laundry and hoovered downstairs. However, I haven't approached the Stroppy one's room. I have told her that if her room is in the same state come Christmas day there will be NO Christmas for her.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh! Teens! Lovely little sweeties. Most of the time!

I remember one year (one of those early teen years) sobbing in private that "no one loved me." My Grandda heard me and gave me a huge hug and was so astonished that I would actually think that, it worked to pull me out. It was one of those "too old for Santa" and "too young for adulthood" transistion years. The magic of being a little kid had worn thin, and I'd yet to learn the joy of adulthood...

So, maybe there's some of that with your stroppy one?

I've got the beginnings of the sauce for the lasagna on... beginning to smell like Mama's house around here! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 182077
    Just a small one.

And and and and...

A few weeks ago Adrian went to the local butcher and ordered our Christmas supplies. Well I picked it up this morning. Bear in mind there's 3 of us, plus 8 visitors on Boxing Day and somehow we've got to get through...

9lb turkey
    4lb beef joint
    4lb pork joint
    3lb ham joint
    1lb sossidge meat
    1lb sossidges
    2 packs stuffing mix

Where the heck am I going to put all that? The freezer is full of bags of rhubarb.
    you could invite us all round to help munch thru it all :)
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast