Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My baby is leaving...

Post Thanks / Like
    aw.... it's with trembling lips you'll wave him off and the drive home will be all blurry :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one who celebrates my kids' independence?

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoAlice, post: 9976
    I'm trying...I'm REALLY trying! I didn't cry until he got into the troop leader's van to leave, so he didn't see me.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    That occasion was my first experience of a child being away from home but believe me when I say if one of them is away now I celebrate for Britain!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the first time Sam stayed away from home (only at Grandma'a 2 streets away!) We went out for dinner & I rang every hour on the hour lol!:shocked025:

But now he is an independant little person (nearly into double figures he told me yesterday!) he tells me when he wants to sleepover! It's lovely to have some peace & some 'adult' time ie. no Wrestling or Simpsons on tv no running him to soccer practise 3 times a week!! Dh and I usually open a nice bottle of red & watch a movie or sometimes we even go out as a couple :D

Things will get easier
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sarah

1990 - lived in Buena Ventura Lakes, Kissimmee - Holiday rep.
    2002 - December DLRP Santa Fe (DS birthday)
    2007 - October WDW Radisson Hotel Celebration
    3 weeks.
    2009 - January DLRP Sequoia Lodge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Figment, post: 9709
    ...tomorrow for Boy Scout camp for a whole WEEK! He's all packed and ready.:p015:

Momma is NOT ready!:n045:

I just don't know how I'm going to get through this next week. I can write him letters, but I can't phone him.:sigh;

How did you make it through the first time your baby went away?
    My parents never, I went to cub scout camp when I was 7 and I had to be picked up the very next day because I was sick!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    No!

Figment, he'll have a great time! DS loves Scout camp. Although mine comes back and when you ask what he did he says "nothing!".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    NO! Alysia is one of the most independent, well adjusted kids out there and I KNOW I am responsible for that. But, I am a big mush and do miss her. But, I think it is incredibly important to go out and spend time with her grandparents (like I did) and foster those relationships. It is hard to be a momma though

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Holly went to Girl Scout camp for the first time last year. Apparently she cried every night. First because she was homesick, then because she was sad camp was over...:rolleyes008: We missed her, but I think Jack missed her more. When she came home, she was so excited to tell us about all she had done all week and the songs she learned and how she could not wait to go back. So she's going again this year, in a few weeks. And I know we'll miss her just as much as last time. But with Jack and the baby, I'll be too busy to think about it too much. I'll miss her being around to help out though... Ask Becca and Johnie...apparently its a miracle that she's even made it to 11...:rolleyes008:
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Eh I mean get all mushy and crying...Derricks first day of kindergarten I pointed him at the door and he went...I stayed behind and watched..no tears. His first time away from home (He went to Cali while I was in Colorado he was about 5-6 years old) my dad picked him up and he was gone for 2 months...I didnt get upset at all...Im weird

And what the enemy will see? They will see the flash of our cannons, and they will hear the ringing of our swords, and they will know what we can do! By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12