Thread: French coffee press

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know how to use one of these properly? I know you let the coffee brew then plunge the top bit to filter the coffee but the one I got was part of a starbuck's giftpack.

The back of the coffee says use 4 tablespoon (Which is 4 measures of my measuring cup) of coffee to every 180ml of water.

The instructions on the starbucks card says to use 10 tablespoons (10 measures) per press, but 5 for a smaller, 4 cup press.

The instructions on the press say 1 scoop per cup.

None of them are press-specific and following the instructions on the back of the back makes strong and powdery coffee

I'm going to measure how much water my press holds and then go from there maybe.... A measure (the black one that came with it) is = to 1 heaped table spoon. The press makes 3 small cups, or 2 starbucks mugs. It holds 650ml of water Any ideas?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    i do not really know.
    where is everybody?
    mango mango mango mango mango mangoooooooo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help anyway Steven :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Steven I have one too but I can't get the mixture to be just right. Hopefully someone clever will come along and tell us soon
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what I do...

Coarse grind coffee beans. If you get the grind too fine you'll have muddy coffee.

The amount you need truly depends upon how strong you like your coffee. I prefer one and one half tablespoons per 6 oz cup.

Pour hot, NOT boiling water over the beans in the pot. Stir it and put the plunger mechanism on (but don't plunge) let it steep for a minimum of three minutes then press the plunger slowly down.

Pour and enjoy. If it's too strong, add a bit of hot water to the cup, but if it's not strong enough you'll have to add more the next time.

It's about the only way I ever make coffee any more.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's some instructions I found online that pretty much reinforce what Tink said!

CoffeeGeek

Tom (... who's not quite that dedicated...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 182480
    Here is what I do...

Coarse grind coffee beans. If you get the grind too fine you'll have muddy coffee.

The amount you need truly depends upon how strong you like your coffee. I prefer one and one half tablespoons per 6 oz cup.

Pour hot, NOT boiling water over the beans in the pot. Stir it and put the plunger mechanism on (but don't plunge) let it steep for a minimum of three minutes then press the plunger slowly down.

Pour and enjoy. If it's too strong, add a bit of hot water to the cup, but if it's not strong enough you'll have to add more the next time.

It's about the only way I ever make coffee any more.

this is pretty much what i do but if its a little strong i tend to add a tipple of my fav liquer rather than water
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! Now that's a idea! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle