been umming and arghhing for months - i wanted a Mac for performance and aesthetics, Jon doesn't want a Mac - i dont really know why, he likes playing games on his PC and uses this as an excuse. Should i take a lower spec Mac or a high spec PC- should i get a laptop or a desktop. Well finally we decided and just ordered from John Lewis (2 year free guarantee and £200 off rrp) for pick up on Monday!

it is going to be fantastic for photo processing and also for Jon and we will share it and the laptop.

I'm sure the geeks want to know the spec so will cut and paste

we are going to get an upgrade to windows 7 too!

Acer Aspire M7720 Desktop PC

Featuring Intel's powerful Core i7-920 processor backed up with a massive 6GB of RAM, the Acer Aspire M7720 desktop PC has enough processing power to tackle complex 3-D graphics, run image, video and music software but is also ideal if you just want to surf the web, listen to music, download a film or simply type a letter.
A massive 2x 1TB hard drive will give you plenty of room for your multimedia collection, and a CD/DVD reader/writer makes it easy to burn off your favourite tracks to listen to elsewhere. Stunning images are guaranteed thanks to its nVidia GT220 graphics card with 1024MB of dedicated memory.

Key Features

Built-in ethernet connectionAllows you to connect to a network Gigabit ethernet

CD / DVD optical driveCan play - and normally record to - CDs and DVDs DVD RAM and DVD±R/±RW (dual layer)

FireWire / IEEE 1394 portsQuickly transfer footage from compatible digital camcorders No

Floppy disk driveStorage device that can read or write to 3.5" floppy disks No

Graphics cardGenerate the images you see on your computer screen nVidia GT220

Graphics card - video RAMLarger amounts of video RAM are better at displaying fast moving and complex graphics 1024MB

Guarantee FREE 2 year guarantee, extend to 3 years £60

Hard driveBuilt-in memory used for storing your audio and video files, etc 2x 1TB

Memory card slotGreater amount of slots means more variety of card formats can be used 5 in 1 card reader - MultiMediaCard (MMC), Secure Digital™ (SD), Memory Stick PRO™ (MS PRO), Memory Stick® (MS)

Model name / number M7720

MonitorDisplays viewable images generated by a computer Not included

Operating systemPrograms that manage the hardware and software of a computer Windows Vista Home Premium

Processor“Brain” of a computer enabling a program to run Intel Core i7-920

Processor speedThe faster the processor the quicker your programs will run 2.66GHz

Processor Type Intel Core

RAM 6GB

Stereo speakers Not included

TV tuner cardDevice that receives digital free-to-air terrestrial and/or analogue television services No

USB portsUniversal Serial Bus- socket for transferring data between electronic devices 9x USB 2.0