Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New security measures...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 182676
    there will be a stampede for the loo's!
    I can see the headlines now:

Airport workers killed by mad, toilet crazed, tourist stampede!
    Airlines promise swift retribution!

"We've obviously got to re-think our approach" said various airline executives. "Perhaps we need to issue plastic bags to all passengers during the last hour of flight". To the surprise of no one, they also added "Of course, we'd have to charge a premium for the bag."

Tom (... cynical, sardonic and disillusioned. But I'm not letting that get me down!)

Post Thanks / Like
    <------ *rolls eyes* what will they take away from us next?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to fly the first week in January. Domestic, but we'll see how it goes. I'll have to stop being so grumpy with the TSA I suppose.

Seeing armed guards in MCO is more than a bit sobering. :(

I am mostly concerned that the powers that be will increase personal searches...

I know oodles of folks say things like, "whatever it takes to keep us safe" but I cringe at that train of thought.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Adrian says we will all be forced to strip naked, be body searched and then given paper suits to wear for the duration of our flight while our clothes are security sealed and will be reclaimed at the destination with the rest of our checked bags.

Crazy as it sounds I can actually see that happening.

Post Thanks / Like
    I fly out tomorrow.

Domestic, of course, but I'm sat here right now trying to make sense of any new regs and my head is about to explode.

Of course this WOULD be the time when taking my laptop is absolutely essential. RAR.

Haven't they perfected teleportation yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to have a look at those too. I HAVE to take my laptop. It's my "office." No laptop, no work. So, we'll have a head exploding party, eh?

There will be a rise in alternative forms of travel. Too bad the US never took public transport (outside of a few major cities) seriously.

I could drive to North Carolina... but that's a huge change in time use for work. Plus, that's headed north and the little Tucson is not four wheel. I DO NOT drive in snow country (even where there is a breath of a chance) without four wheel. Ever.

Let us know how it goes, Becca.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 182785
    I have to have a look at those too. I HAVE to take my laptop. It's my "office." No laptop, no work. So, we'll have a head exploding party, eh?

There will be a rise in alternative forms of travel. Too bad the US never took public transport (outside of a few major cities) seriously.

I could drive to North Carolina... but that's a huge change in time use for work. Plus, that's headed north and the little Tucson is not four wheel. I DO NOT drive in snow country (even where there is a breath of a chance) without four wheel. Ever.

Let us know how it goes, Becca.
    Will do...and I must say I totally agree...I am LOVING the "on the fly" 4-wheel on the Sorento...it has saved me a couple of times

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 182777
    Adrian says we will all be forced to strip naked, be body searched and then given paper suits to wear for the duration of our flight while our clothes are security sealed and will be reclaimed at the destination with the rest of our checked bags.

Crazy as it sounds I can actually see that happening.
    I'll go one step further....stripped, full body scan, paper clothes (if anything), then deep sleep induced for the journey and packed like sardines in a can to be woken up at the other end.

I can just see the marketing blurb now! wake up minutes later refreshed and at your destination.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes. You'd have to have that in CT!

Post Thanks / Like
    The four wheel I mean, not Keith's scenario!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast