Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Important

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh mate - ANYone who has ever worked a Christmas will tell you the same - it destroys christmas and your feelings of goodwill. Lisa and I woked I think it was 7 on the trot between us and to this day it is just a 'day' like any other

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I was off for actual Christmas, I worked up until the 23rd and then I was back in yesterday. My contract runs out on the 2nd and because I'm not working my Sunday shift they've spread my 9 hours from Sunday over 3x3 hour shifts!!! Whats the point?!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Retail will definitely do that. When I was working direct care, I worked a few Christmas days. It was ok in some respects... Shift work, you know? You had some time with your family and some time at work.

Retail would burn me out though. People are far too grumpy! (Customers, I mean).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    A woman complained there wasn't enough water in her flowers the other day. She was obviously only after a bit of money off as there was actually too much water in there and it spilt all over me. I seriously felt like saying "do you not have a tap at home?!"
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have 'filled it up' for her

see I would be no good in retail

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, me either.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 183143
    I would have 'filled it up' for her

see I would be no good in retail
    LOL, I just smiled politely and apologised that it was the last one in stock. It annoys them more when you are nice as pie and they can't lodge a complaint about your customer service
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the way to be, Josh. Smile and be as sweet as pie, then no one has anything more to complain about.

I worked briefly for the US Post office and I can tell you, people treat you like DIRT in that position! I couldn't believe that people I'd known most of my life were so nasty once I was behind that postal counter. I actually had one woman who'd lived in that village for years (her daughter was married to my cousin! ) THROW her mail back at me because she didn't get what she wanted!

Nope, nope, nope, I'm SO not a retail sort of person. Sick folk, fine. But if you are "supposed to be normal" and act "like that" then I have no real room for compassion for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 183148
    That's the way to be, Josh. Smile and be as sweet as pie, then no one has anything more to complain about.

I worked briefly for the US Post office and I can tell you, people treat you like DIRT in that position! I couldn't believe that people I'd known most of my life were so nasty once I was behind that postal counter. I actually had one woman who'd lived in that village for years (her daughter was married to my cousin! ) THROW her mail back at me because she didn't get what she wanted!

Nope, nope, nope, I'm SO not a retail sort of person. Sick folk, fine. But if you are "supposed to be normal" and act "like that" then I have no real room for compassion for you.
    I could see myself working in retail if I'm honest. I quite like dealing with people and solving problems for them. I don't like snotty people but if I'm honest they are one in every hundred and the nice people far outweigh them. However, the working hours, the pay and other things make me definitely not consider it as a full-time career for me
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see you working in the apple store mate :)

Helping people unboxing things primarily ;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast