Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Year Celebrations

Post Thanks / Like
    I really want to go back to Hong Kong for Chinese new year
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm having a party!! I'm not always that bothered about celebrating but last new years eve was my Nana's funeral and Jon was due to be in Afghanistan this year so wanted to have a few drinks. We have very special friends coming!

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't there something about the first person who comes to your door... and using the correct door... is it Scottish in origin???

We celebrate our anniversary on that date so we always have a really nice dinner. I'm cooking this year.

We sometimes go to EPCOT early in the evening, but not sure this year as it is forecast rain. :(

We may drop by our local pub early on, just to have a "drink out."

Mostly we have a private dinner with a bottle of champagne and hope to make it to midnight. Sometimes we do, and sometimes we don't!

My parents always had an open house. New Year's Eve was fun! Visitors would come throughout the evening and at midnight there was the resounding chorus of Auld Lang Syne...

We've gone away for NYE before, but didn't enjoy ourselves as much as we would have staying home with our own celebration, such as it is.

Pretty boring folk, we are!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 183307
    i'm having a party!! I'm not always that bothered about celebrating but last new years eve was my Nana's funeral and Jon was due to be in Afghanistan this year so wanted to have a few drinks. We have very special friends coming!
    Looking forward to meeting them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a second, Brit. Your DH is going to Afghanistan? :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably next Christmas now Tink, that's the reason we've put so many trips on hold, tbh I want it over and done with now!

Lisa I didn't say what kind of special! Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh. :( We've learned (just a couple of days before Christmas) that one of our relatives will be going to Afghanistan too. November...

Not a good thing to be facing at all. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Typically, we have always stayed at home, eaten lots of yummy appetizer thingies and let Alysia invite loads of screaming girls over for a NYE slumber party.

A couple of years ago, we went to WDW for NYE. Quite a loud experience.

Last year, Rebecca, Krista and I rented a condo in Ocean City and had quite a lot of fun that week.

This year, I'm going up to Delaware to spend the weekend with Krista. We are going to miss Rebecca

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We sleep.

Aren't we just a barrel of fun!

Tom (... practicing being boring!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Sleep is a good thing! We too like being part of the Awake and Alert Crowd (well, not such a big crowd ) on New Year's Day! :D

Speaking of which, do any of us have special food items you must eat on New Year's Day? For example, here in the south it is tradition to have black eyed peas and greens (usually collard).

Do you have any tradition like that where you are? (We never did growing up).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast