Thread: Telephone surveys

Post Thanks / Like
    I often hear folks saying that they are fed up of their phone ringing just to find it is some one on the other end wanting to do a survey of some sort (usually double glazing etc).
    I always thought...what's wrong with me....I've NEVER had anyone ring to do a survey.

Well....some one rang yesterday :p015: I got all excited :bounce022: I was one of the 'in crowd' now

The conversation went something like this...

Hello there, I'm a representative from ****. We are currently doing telephone surveys about radio stations. Would you have a spare 10 minutes to help me today?

Sure, I'll help you out....fire away :D

For what length of time per week would you say you listened to the radio?

Erm....I don't really listen to the radio much at all :o

So, would that be one hour, two, more?

About two

Okay. Two hours

No...that would be minutes!

So, less than one hour then?

Erm....yes....less than three hours too
    I really don't like the radio much at all...having to listen to all of the rubbish they play just to have the one song you like come on once in a blue moon.
    There are always loads of adverts too which I find annoying and then the presenters waffle on and on and on. I usually flick up and down the channels, find nothing and end up playing a CD with music I like. I just bought a new CD yesterday actually.

Madam!

Yes?

Ah, ok....what radio stations can you name?

Erm.....Metro, radio1, radio2, radio3. That's about it! Told you I don't listen to the radio much. Oh, hang on....I night be thinking of BBC1, BBC2, and BBC3 You see I watch a lot more TV than I listen to the radio. I love Sky plus

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR the line goes dead!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOLOLOLOL! Well, that was rude of them to hang up! LOLOL! I get calls for surveys for banks. "Uh, I don't have an account with you?" "You don't? Are you positive." "Absolutely certain." "Could you check please?" Check WHAT? LOL!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 9891
    LOLOLOLOL! Well, that was rude of them to hang up!
    That's what I thought
    I told DH and he just looked to the floor and shook his head at me!

Post Thanks / Like
    People always want to sell me the newspaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that was brilliant! :p010:

Next time someone tries to sell/ask me something can I give them your number?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Had Zenith windows call a few weeks back, he got all excited when i was interested in new windows, i specificaly asked if they do them without BARS and he said yes.. he described all the ones they do...i again said that i was very very interested and asked again that i specificaly interested if they OPEND OUTWARDS WITHOUT A KEY and he said yes i said i am realy keen on this and that i had many OLD DRAUGHTY WINDOWS THAT DIDNT OPEN REALY realy and were a BIT OBSCURE so i couldnt see out of them and i had a lot of MATES that would be interested and did he want there CELL NUMBERS as they DONT GET OUT MUCH and he said yes that would be nice, i asked if he had my full address and he asked me to confirm it so i said FIRST FLOOR B WING CHELMSFORD PRISON..... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr:

I can just see him.....:shocked025:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 9929
    Had Zenith windows call a few weeks back, he got all excited when i was interested in new windows, i specificaly asked if they do them without BARS and he said yes.. he described all the ones they do...i again said that i was very very interested and asked again that i specificaly interested if they OPEND OUTWARDS WITHOUT A KEY and he said yes i said i am realy keen on this and that i had many OLD DRAUGHTY WINDOWS THAT DIDNT OPEN REALY realy and were a BIT OBSCURE so i couldnt see out of them and i had a lot of MATES that would be interested and did he want there CELL NUMBERS as they DONT GET OUT MUCH and he said yes that would be nice, i asked if he had my full address and he asked me to confirm it so i said FIRST FLOOR B WING CHELMSFORD PRISON..... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr:

I can just see him.....:shocked025:
    Evil!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love the Do Not Call List!

Of course, some organizations--primarily political--are exempt, but I just tell them I do not do surveys, please remove my name from the list and DO NOT CALL AGAIN! EVER!

No, I don't yell, but I'm exceedingly firm and excruciatingly polite!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also do the "please remove me from your call list and do not call again."