Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Count your blessings....

Post Thanks / Like
    I got this from an old workmate on FB and I've done it today.

"Every night, count 3 good things that have happened to you today. You probably think there aren't 3, but, believe me, there are. Once you start counting them you'll be surprised that life is bursting with everyday delights. It won't cost you a thing and it might change your whole perspective. And on New Year's Day, what better time to start?"

Today I woke up and my boys were safe and sound in their rooms.

I hosted a 'leftovers' buffet for my family and spent a few hours enjoying their company, although they didn't make it I also had a lovely conversation with Sharon and Martin on the telephone.

Sally went to town today and bought a beautiful dress for me to try for her wedding in 2 weeks. Unfortunately it didn't sit right on me so I will probably stick with the one I have already bought, but I was touched that she had thought about me and went to the bother of purchashing it knowing she may have to return it.

What's happened to you today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Let's see... we have a lovely dinner cooking.

I had a peaceful day with no real work to do. (Well, chose not to do work). :D

I have had time to enjoy the posts here and respond without feeling like I was rushing through things.

I like this, Mairead. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good idea!

I was able to watch an enjoyable program today without guilt.

I was able to run a mile in 10 minutes! I new record for me.

I was able to enjoy the company of my wonderful baby (Arthur).

Post Thanks / Like
    fantastic! thank you

simple pleasures hey?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's helpful to remember the little things. It's the little things that get us out of bed in the morning. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the seemingly little things that make life worthwhile. Yes, the special things are lovely, but it's the everyday smile, the everday hug, the everyday "I love you" that comprise the worth of a life, eh?

This is such a good idea, Mairead. We all need a reminder every now and then to be happy with who we are and what we have.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    So far today I have taken down the Christmas trees and put my furniture back where it should be after yesterdays get together, it feels great to have a little bit of space back!

My friend of 25 odd years has been round for a coffee and chat. I have been putting off seeing her and another old friend since Sarah left us as I feel nervous and panicky about seeing other people, it's been outside of my comfort zone - she understands luckily!

Right now I am sitting in my living room with the heating on knowing I have done enough housework today to not feel guilty about the rest that needs doing. I am lovely and warm and just taking pleasure in that feeling!

Later I *may* be going to buy a new laptop as since Jamie had his for Christmas and we went wireless I cannot get internet access on my old laptop, so as my inlaws have kindly given us a gift of some money that Nanny Win left towards a new one I may as well make use of it!

Also, Matthew and I will be popping up to Sarah again when it starts to get dark as he likes to see all the candles, solar and fairy lights up there. There are so many around the area where Sarah is that it's positively magical!

Oh, and we may pop into her Mum and Dad for a cuppa and to see the doggies!

Wow. I like doing this, I hope to keep it up but I'd better not post my life story every day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we had a good late sleep this day. I don't sleep so very well, so this was a good gift.

The weather is crisp and cold for FL (41 degrees this morning) and the heating is on. That makes it feel a bit cozy.

Have some satisfying things to do today, take down the tree, get ready for travel on Monday (NC) maybe take in a movie that herself wants to see.

Will call Mama later today.

I like this too Mairead, although I think I'll be better at it later in the day instead of earlier in the day!

Post Thanks / Like
    come on you lot....what 3 things have been happening for you?

1. Today we got another laptop, was able to use it within around 15 minutes of getting it home!

2. Had a coffee with my Dad.

3. Got some new pets.....well I didn't particularly want them but they needed a home and my little man *really* wanted them. My lovely friend around the corner gave them to us. I don't think i'll be her friend any more

*FOUR* baby stick insects. aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh, they freak me out. they're in my dining room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh. Wow. I'm not so sure I'd be too happy with those Mairead!

Three things, lessee... it's cold, and we have heat in the house and the pool pump is working so there won't be any problems with that.

We visited Herself's Mom and Aunt today.

I have all my clothes and work items packed for tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast