Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: quick midweek supper ideas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, I see. Thank you Mairead. I thought it was because the milk was an animal product.

Not so sure I follow all the thought processes of the different sorts of vegetarian ways of eating.

I know there was one young woman acquaintance who was a bit prissy about being a vegan... yet wore Italian leather shoes? Ummm... okaaaay...

The vegan professor I used to know didn't use anything at all, ever that came from an animal or was the result of profit from an animal. She was pretty rigid, but I respected her for knowing the source of everything she used and ate. A daunting task to be sure!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink here is a wikipedia link to pease porridge.Pease Porridge

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 184418
    How is parmesean not vegetarian but cream cheese is, Josh? Aren't they all milk based and therefore animal products?

Are you vegan then?
    I'm a vegetarian but as Mumof2 explained, lot's of cheeses have rennet in, which the animal actually gets killed to produce (I think the main aim isn't for the rennet but none the less they get killed) Many cheeses are OK

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 184607
    Ah, I see. Thank you Mairead. I thought it was because the milk was an animal product.

Not so sure I follow all the thought processes of the different sorts of vegetarian ways of eating.

I know there was one young woman acquaintance who was a bit prissy about being a vegan... yet wore Italian leather shoes? Ummm... okaaaay...

The vegan professor I used to know didn't use anything at all, ever that came from an animal or was the result of profit from an animal. She was pretty rigid, but I respected her for knowing the source of everything she used and ate. A daunting task to be sure!
    I have to say I do sometimes buy Leather products (recently some shoes and some mens ugg boots) without even thinking. It's not something I'm particularly proud of but I do try my best and I think because I concentrate so much on not EATING it, I don't associate certain products with being non-vegetarian and don't even think to check
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Josh, again I'm not well informed on the finer points of being a vegetarian, so anything I learn is great!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Everytime I see this thread, I sing that nursery rhyme lol

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234