Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freeze Warning!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wondered who was going to comment on the 70's 'do! :D

Hey, I think it says a lot that I recognized you!

Snow has happened in Florida to be sure. Driving under those conditions is an experience no one should want to repeat. There is nothing here what so ever, no plows, no salt... nothing. All you can do is wait for it to melt.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 184173
    Driving under those conditions is an experience no one should want to repeat. There is nothing here what so ever, no plows, no salt... nothing. All you can do is wait for it to melt.
    Yup!

Try Gandy Bridge from St. Pete to Tampa and then the Crosstown Expressway into downtown Tampa. Watched a guy wreck a perfectly good '65 Mustang on that road that day!

Tom (... who had just moved back to Florida from Connecticut!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Aha! So it WAS you! YOU brought the winter cold and snow with you!

That must have been some ride... Glad I missed it!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way... that's not me in that picture. In case anyone was wondering.

Tom (... I look... well... different!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Now see? I thought it looked just like you! So much for my thinking...

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, according to the USF digital library, it's a young woman named Yvonne Berry.

I'm reasonably sure that's not me!

Tom (... did I miss something or should I go check again?)

Post Thanks / Like

I am SO GOOD at being WRONG!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Aren't the citrus growers in FL just barely recovering from the last deep freeze down there?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll still get Brits swimming.

"Bit cold when you first get in but as long as you keep your shoulders under..."

Post Thanks / Like
    32 degrees this morning. I have a wool blazer on and am still chilled (packed my long coat, but I'm considering getting it out)!

Yep, you are right Dawn. Minnesotans too! :D They are happy as long as the temperature isn't below zero! It was -37 degrees and -42 degrees in some areas of Minnesota and North Dakota! THAT'S cold!

At any rate, we'll not be swimming so more room in the ice bath for you! :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast