Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The official pre-trip report

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 184871
    We are hoping to go again this September.

What sort of details? I'll be happy to share anything you'd like to know about Ireland (that I know, I mean )!

I lived on Bermuda for a year or so, by the way. Ages ago, but still... I don't recall liking it too much and after visiting Florida thinking, I'd rather go to Florida than return to Bermuda!

It's a small and expensive place.
    We will be there for the wedding, I don't imagine we will be there longer than 5 days, but there is the wedding to pay for, hence no trip to UK!! How old were you when you lived there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bermuda? I was a young adult. Very young!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    OK itinerary so far....

Friday 13 th August (Friday 13th )

Drive to hotel - as yet undecided - we normally do Gatwick Hilton but are looking elsewhere this time for somewhere cheaper. Probably further out and use their shuttle service. Like the idea of meet and greet parking too. Hopefully will have done online check in by now. If not drive to airport for twilight check in. Dinner somewhere. Vain effort to sleep.

Saturday 14th August

Throw last things in car. Say goodbye to car for 2 weeks. Fly!!!!
    Have car with Budget this time. Drive to villa. Pop to Publix for dinner/essentials for morning. Throw self fully clothed into pool.

Sunday 15th August

Always have breakfast at Perkins on first morning. Then it's time for.....WALMART!! Has to be done and once it's done then that's it. Head to Downtown Disney after that until one of us starts to flag. Planning House of Blues for food as fed up of rubbish service in Rainforest Cafe.

Monday 16th August

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's

Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like
    You forgot the bit where i phone you while you are queuing for breakfast at MacDonalds at Gatwick and cry cos i'm all excited for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    dawn we stayed at the best western just off the airport about 2 miles to terminal it was cheap and very comfy and then used the parking plus at the airport check out holiday extras they usually have decent prices on there also it was easy to find.
    have stayed at the hilton also and really liked it but as the monorail isnt working its not got such a pull :)

Post Thanks / Like
    *puts Best Western on list to check out*

Teresa there is no way I would be queuing in McD's for breakfast. But you can phone me and cry if you want. No doubt I'll give you a little sob back. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Those tickets?.... can you use them on the 31st December too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the prices at WalMart that much cheaper for staples? What about the rest of the outlet shopping? I've always been curious at the price difference. We had close friends from Canada that used to love to shop here and would come down twice a year just for sneakers!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    No, Sister Tinkfan, the prices at the Walmarts that surround Disney are not cheaper than other shops, or even Walmarts that are further away. Like a true capitalist venture, Walmart prices things for the area, and not based on what they "need" to make a profit.

We just spent all of Saturday :( going from shop to shop looking for a suitcase (needed a larger one) for me, and an electric toothbrush (the travel one I have doesn't work so well). We learned exactly what I suspected, the outlets are NOT less expensive, and often (quite a bit) more expensive.

The draw of course, is that all of those shops are in one place and if you don't have transport, it's not expedient for you to go from shop to shop comparison buying.

We also learned that those off market places, like Marshall's are not less expensive than department stores (like Macy's, Dillard's, Bloomingdale's, etc.) particularly when a sale is going on.

So, all that to say, shop where you please and where it is most convenient! It probably all works out the same in the end, anyway!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tink, Are you home or away? Actually I meant was WalMart cheaper for Dawn!!!! I never finf the Orlando outlets cheaper!! I do have good luck with Marshall's however. At least here. This Christmas picked up 4 winter coats for the kids, Tylers was clearenced out at $24.oo, I had seen it in the ski shop for $165.!! Different color same jacket! and 3 Weather Tamer and Osh Gosh for a mere $14. each Is it any warmer?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast