Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow everywhere UK - be safe

Post Thanks / Like
    Why are they upset? Surely if the snow is that disruptive they can't be getting to work either? I know here when schools close, some parents are upset because they have no childcare, or have to pay for childcare...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Completely agree with you Dawn, and I am thankful for those workers who have to get into work, especially those helping to keep things running and the emergency services, but for the rest of us I fell lucky to be able to have a 'stop and smell the roses' kind of day (minus roses as we wouldn't be able to find them if they were there! )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    It is difficult if you have to arrange childcare of course. But it's a safety issue at the end of the day. We try our best but sometimes there is no alternative but to close. Honestly I'd much rather go into school than be at home staring at that pile of ironing. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Well you could seize the opportunity to teach Steven how to iron! :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

We have a chaffinch at our feeders now. That's a new visitor to our garden. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    How much snow do you all have? Ithas been non-stop here too, but in NY we kind of just roll with it We have more than 3 1/2 feet now and still have 3 more days before we are due to get a break. It's funny here you can live a few miles away and get widle different amounts of snow. Deb good luck with your vacation plans you must be getting excited! Tink, be careful driving please!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have about a foot of snow, which believe me is a lot! I only remember it anywhere near this once around 20 years ago

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We have about 6 inches on the south cost but it's still snowing.

My brother is in Camberley and they have about 9 inches on the ground. Bear in mind that's in Surrey where it is too posh for snow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 184615
    How much snow do you all have? Ithas been non-stop here too, but in NY we kind of just roll with it We have more than 3 1/2 feet now and still have 3 more days before we are due to get a break. It's funny here you can live a few miles away and get widle different amounts of snow. Deb good luck with your vacation plans you must be getting excited! Tink, be careful driving please!!
    When I was in new york, we where at the bottom of the empire state building and there was no snow on the ground... got to the top and looked down and there was blanket snow EVERYWHERE!! When we got back down to the bottom it was really thick and I was SO excited No-one seemed to let it affect them!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember Dawn saying that it "never" snowed where she lives, so having some must definitely be a big deal.

You've got it Josh. Snow in the winter is a way of life for New Yorkers (and Northeasterners in general). It's a big deal when it doesn't snow!

I'll be careful driving... no other choice!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast