Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Wedding Planner - 2010 update!

Post Thanks / Like
    Park House Hotel | House :: explore | +44(0)1730 819000

The hotel is around an hour or so drive from home, just outside the market town of Midhurst down a windy road. It's been booked exclusively, it has 16 or 17 rooms and a couple of cottages. There are photos we have taken on our visits out there but they are on my other computer, will try and get my niece to email me some so i can save them on this one.

There have been improvements and extensions taking place throughout the year. They now have a spa which will not yet be opened to the public but they will open it for just for us girls when we go out on the Friday - how cool is that!

Here's how the weekend will go:

Thursday 14th...boys night out, a few drinks in town with the groom, his brother who will be arriving from Australia on Wednesday and the rest of the lads in the family.

Friday 16th...Sally, Billie, Sharon and I will arrive at the hotel at 2pm where we will make use of the facilities, check final arrangements, go out for dinner then meet Mum and my sister in law Lou back at the hotel in the evening. I believe a couple of cousins and their wives have booked in for that night too.

Sharon and I are staying in the new building in a lovely posh room. The building consists of 6 bedrooms i think, a small kitchen with a fridge (for our bottles of fizz) and a lovely cosy lounge with, if i remember correctly, a real fire.

As we are staying in that building we are the only ones in our group with a key to it so plan to spend the evening in the lounge with the rest of our party having a few drinks and relaxing. Not sure if there will other guests there that night but I expect we'll frighten them off if they try to use the lounge!

I have some gift bags for Sally and Billie containing some chocs, wine, slippers reading 'bride' and 'bridesmaid' in purple text, a joke ring with a big purple bling gemstone each, some other bits and pieces that i can't remember off the top of my head, and also have some 'mother of the bride' slippers for Mum of course, and some for Sharon, Lou and I with our names on!

Saturday 16th...The Big Day! Breakfast, panic, bucks fizz, panic, arrangements, panic...you get the idea!

Wedding party guests will start arriving to book into the hotel and wait for the ceremony to begin at 3pm.

The ceremony will take place in the barn area, in a sort of conservatory area with the reception area next to it but the doors to that will be closed whilst the ceremony takes place.

My brother Richrd is in charge of the ceremony music, Sharon will be looking after Nancy, and my 2 nephews (Sarahs brothers) are the witnesses.

We'll then go back into the hotel lounge for canapes and drinks, i will be double checking the tables to make sure candles are lit etc. before everyone makes their way to the larger part of the barn for the meal.

We will be eating a roast beef dinner, or a vegetarian haggis (nut roast!) for us veggies. The starter is a butternut squash and rosemary risotto, with individual lemon meringue for dessert...yum yum yum!

After the meal it's all back into the hotel lounge for cofee and cakes. The wedding cakes will be an assortment of french fancies and fairy cakes that Sally and Billie will be making the day before (not the french fancies!) and i believe there will also be handmade chocolates on offer.

The evening guests will start arriving and the evening reception with buffet and disco will take place back in the barn.

At some point the reception will end and the non residents will leave and make their way either home or to their overnight accomodation. Us residents will probably relax in the hotel lounge and bar before retriing for the night!

Sunday 17th...Breakfast! Martins (Sarahs Dad) 50th birthday! We'll get a balloon for his breakfast chair and either put his gift on the table or get the staff to bring it out when they serve his food. We're clubbing together and buying him a Rally driving experience. He'll love it!

Then it'll be time for a last visit to the spa if we can fit it in before leaving to return home.

Other Stuff...

the theme is purple and red. there are plum coloured hurricane lanterns for the centrepiece on each table, red gems sprinkled around with red chocolate coins instead of favours, napkins will be tied with plum coloured net sort of ribbon that i cannot remember the name of.

Billie will be wearing a gorgeous Karen Millen purple dress and purple shoes as bridesmaid, Nancy has a sweet little red dress, this could be Billies dress, it's been a while since i last saw it! If it's not that one it's similar.

The beams in the barn will be covered in greenery with some gypsophelia and fairy lights. The barn had an upstairs conversion so there will be trails of the greenery up the stair rails too, and there is a pool table and a couple of armchairs up there so we know where the youngsters will be!

Can't think of anything else right now. If you're still reading at this point well done and thanks for being interested! Do ask if there's anything I haven't covered.

oh just remembered, we already had Sallys hen night. I organised a surprise meal at a nearby hotel on 28th November. She didn't want a hen night so i said it was just us family girls taking her out but i'd arranged for a few of her friends, workmates and aunties to meet us there. She had a lovely evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    All sounds fab Mairead. Where is Nancy going to be on the night before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 184721
    All sounds fab Mairead. Where is Nancy going to be on the night before?

you read it all!?

she'll be at home with her Dad, he won't mind I'm sure!

Post Thanks / Like
    red wine glasses!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's an awesome hotel in a lovely part of the country. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 184728
    That's an awesome hotel in a lovely part of the country. :D

it's lovely!

Post Thanks / Like
    aw your gonna have a wonderful time im sure :)

Post Thanks / Like
    It all sounds wonderful and I can't wait to see the photo's

Fingers crossed all the snow will be gone by next weekend, so it doesn't hinder everyone

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds (and looks) so extravagant! You've done a brillaint job
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately Bill and Ann (my cousins from Ireland remember?) won't be able to make it now. Bill has been very poorly and needs some medical tests which means going into hospital on Thursday next week which means they won't be able to travel over as planned.

His health comes first of course but it's such a shame as we were really looking forward to seeing them. They were here for Sarahs funeral but we i didn't really get a chance to talk with them much as my head was busy making sure everything was going as it should on the day for Sharon, Martin and the boys. I'll call them over the weekend for a chat.

Sooooo that means re-doing (is that a word?) one of the table plan cards but i don't think i kept a template and it's round, it slots into a red metal heart which will hang on pegs in the entrance porch to the barn.

*and* instead of printing them with 'Bill' and 'Ann' we did the table plan card and place cards as William and Anastacia which are their real names.......they would have had a giggle at that!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast