Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Morning early birds. Or in Shelly's case - why aren't you in bed? :D

Coldest night of winter so far here last night. My recycling bin was frozen shut this morning. Not holding my breath that it will be collected but the council have asked us to put bins out as normal and they'll do their best.

Sick of not being at school now. Had two weeks holiday, back for two days and then snow... Done all the housework I can take. Our house actually has no ironing to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well then! You could organize all the books by author? No? Title? No? How about COLOR?! I once read a decorating guide that recommended organizing books on shelves by color ... right... I'll stick with authors, or at least subjects! LOL.

I'm headed home (much later) today. It's cold here, but not as cold as it was higher in the mountains. NC is a pretty state...

Looking forward to going home, unfortunately the temperatures there are not all that much warmer than here! It's 39 degrees in Winter Garden right now and about that here.

Does the UK make kids make up for lost school days due to weather (if the lost days exceed those that were planned)?

They do that here sometimes. If a school is out beyond the budgeted days they will extend the school year into the summer.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. We just end as normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    im going to be ironing for england today :( where it all came from i dont know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fed up of it now as well - School closed again today 1st time in 30 years its shut, the head swore he would never shut it but he just can't keep it open. Roads are hideous today worse than any day yet. Lisa would normally be at work today but can't leave boys at home or with anyone as we have noone close. Just need some normality back in our lives please

Post Thanks / Like
    Got to take the dog out for a trudge now. You use a completely different set of muscles for trudging. My legs are suffering. And if the vet is open I need to get her worming tablets.

Post Thanks / Like
    No post bins not emptied for ages now... aaargh!

Post Thanks / Like
    My car doors were frozen shut this morning. Poor Maisie is itching to go to school on her new scooter but it's not been safe enough so far. I'm also hoping Owen will do his first full day at school since he went back.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will stop complaining about the rain now!

Has rained every day since before Christmas here and is soooo hot and muggy, I can't get the lawns mowed because every time I try it rains, my yard looks like a jungle! I need one of these.

But I think I am still better off!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Been out with dog. Now have to go out to shops for sossidges and some lard to make more bird feeders. Then I might see if either of our cars still start.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast