Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Think This Is A Good Deal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 185217
    Like everyone's said, I know all stars isn't necessarily the height of luxury but I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

At the end of the day, once you're back in your room, there's not a heck of a lot of difference between a grand floridian room and an all stars room :) The beds comfy, the tv has the same channels, there's a shower and a wash basin.

Soon as you're at the parks the rides are all the same etc etc

Sure I love staying at the deluxes I really do but heck, all stars is great AND it has that excited feeling to it.
    cool thx for that keith
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    nowt wrong with All stars Mick, i'm quite fussy and i'd definitely stay there again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 185221
    nowt wrong with All stars Mick, i'm quite fussy and i'd definitely stay there again!
    not for this quote no...i just wanted to stay in a mod for my st exp of a dianey hotel, ive not seen pix of it so will go look
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    why do you particularly want to stay in a mod?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure what the conversion is but we stay at Pop Century alot. My son loves it and if we want to be able to have other vacations other than Disney, that's where we stay. It's wonderful you will be able to do both! very fortunate you are!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're so going to hate me for this :( I hated All Stars when we visited it, the canteen was noisy and the place looked shabby :( We were staying at Pop at the time so I guess everything was new and shiny from there, but I did feel that if I'd come to All Stars first I would never have stayed on site ever again, that's how awful it felt to me. JMO though.

We stayed mod the next time because we wanted a fridge, but to be honest I would have been just as happy doing Pop again, and if you're just wanting the fridge deal that the Mods give you can get a free fridge at Pop I believe if you have meds that require refridgeration.

I found the Mod room slightly larger but not by much and certainly not enough to warrant to price difference between a Mod and a Value. Don't forget Mick, you can hire wheelchair for free the entire stay at Disney from the front desk, you can take it to the parks so you won't have to pay for a wheelchair hire at each park. We even took ours out to other places off site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep all that's true and if we stay at a value, pop is normally our first choice (although I still hold a special place in my heart for all star movies which was the first onsite resort we ever stayed at )

The mods ARE probably the sweet spot. A LITTLE more than the values but a LOT less than the deluxes.

If you stay at one of the Port Orleans, you get an onsite restaurant which is handy when you're tired and just want a quite bite. The boat ride to DTD is great and really relaxing plus convenient! There's also a nice bar at both resorts and of course a free fridge (though getting a free fridge at a value resort is easy if you have meds which need keeping cool)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    All Star Movies was our first resort as well!! we did like it there, Ty was quite young at the time and loved the characters, We've stayed a couple times at POFQ and really liked it, nice and quiet with very pretty grounds. The fridge came in handy for insulin and drinks! really any where on grounds is great with me, but I would love to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge to see the animals. Almost every time we go we bring a friend or family members with us lol, at this rate I'll never get my wish but the company is great!

Post Thanks / Like
    we didn't go to the food court and ask to be as far away as possible so the noisyness doesn't bother us, I would rather stay at a value resort and have the extra money or completely splash out and stay at one of the deluxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crayola, I didn't realize that you could get a wheelchair for free at the front desk?! That's great except I would probably still need to get a scooter for my brother. I'm 5'3 and Kevin is 6'1"!! and is more than double my weight Not so easy to push I would guess!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast