Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Security 2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Keith/Mick or anyone who may know:

Donna's laptop has picked up virus entitled above. Does anyone know if Spybot can/will remove it? McAfee apparently isn't even finding it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John

Argh it's a bad one that :( try the following instructions
    Remove Internet Security 2010 (Uninstall Guide)

but you can't be sure it's gone until doing a few reboots since it does hang around.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately it is blocking access to the internet. Have called in Geeks on Call.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    my Mum and Dad have just had this i think -they just took it to be sorted.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is one NASTY virus. We can't get it removed so far even after paying Geeks on Call to work on it. Right now Donna is backing up all of her data and then we are going to have to rebuild the system.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the one I had. Watch out for the data backup. You could be backing up the virus. It can hang in the usb ports too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I think we have managed to get rid of the virus. Unfortunately now we cannot log in to the computer even in safe mode.

And to top it off we can't even find the OS CD that came with the computer.

Post Thanks / Like
    john is it a password problem? have you got one of those administrator discs in work that will get you in if it is.......hope you have it all backed up
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 185557
    john is it a password problem? have you got one of those administrator discs in work that will get you in if it is.......hope you have it all backed up
    Mick, she doesn't use passwords. Can't even log in as administrator in safe mode. She clicks on login, it looks like it is going to come up and then logs right back off again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John

I think it's time to boot from your computer OS disk (I know you said you couldnt find it but perhaps you have now) and choose repair

If you can't find the disk or it doesn't work, get all your data off there and reinstall. It's time to go windows 7 if you possibly can!

I'd also suggest, if you don't already do it, that you buy an external disk, preferably a network attached storage (NAS) device to store your data on. This will make it easier to back up just the data and will mean if you ever need to reformat your pc, you can do so without worrying about having to start backing up your data.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast