Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: See that? Along the center brace?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Tink! I'm just suprised at how much the cold weather has messed everything up there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too, but if we think about it, we shouldn't be eh? This area is geared for heat, and humidity.

When the humidity turns to damp, and the heat turns to cold... things are not set up to work in those temperatures. From cars, to heaters, to even people!

People don't have the clothing, and many don't understand that the cold actually hurts. It's interesting in a quirky way, but it also makes me feel bad for them.

Hailing from the Northeast we are quite familiar with the cold and kept the token "cold weather gear" items... wondering why we did so, but now we know...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That is madness, how offen does it snow In florida?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not all that often. This isn't like the great blizzard of '77 (that catrancher showed us) but it is still cold!

The ice froze on the orange trees. Strawberry crops have to be in sorry shape too. It's nearly strawberry season, so all the berries would have at least been formed.

Nothing stayed on the ground, of course, but it was freezing cold for hours and hours. It's cold still, but I think it's a bit above freezing now.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Blimey that is Cold for FL . Keep Warm, Sister Tink .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 185550
    Not all that often. This isn't like the great blizzard of '77 (that catrancher showed us) but it is still cold!

The ice froze on the orange trees. Strawberry crops have to be in sorry shape too. It's nearly strawberry season, so all the berries would have at least been formed.

Nothing stayed on the ground, of course, but it was freezing cold for hours and hours. It's cold still, but I think it's a bit above freezing now.

Poor strawberries!! Were you still in the Northeast in 77 Tink? That Blizzard was awful, Schools were closed forever, we had drifts that reached our roof. I made it home from college just in time or would have been stuck on the road for days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but I was kind of kidding when I said Blizzard of '77. I was alluding to catrancher's photo he posted for us a while back of snow in Florida.

I don't recall a huge blizzard...

Thank you Sister Tinker! I don't like the cold at all (that's why I put up with wicked hot, humid summer weather and crazy traffic... and NOW look)!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 185420
    Don't let DEB see, i think she was hoping to be rid of it for a couple of weeks.
    Too late....she has seen it

Wow Tink!

We have looked at the longer range weather forecast and it says that the temperature does go up on Thursday and stays up.....fingers crossed that the forecasters are right!

Post Thanks / Like
    They most likely will be Deb. The cold is usually short lived (shorter than this!) in Florida. The damage has been done though.

30 degrees again this morning. Again, below freezing. :(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12