Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rude letter from school has left me fuming!

Post Thanks / Like
    I say give it to them Mum!!!! Let them have it with both barrels, How ridiculous! Fume away!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 185375
    There's a world of difference between a 12 yr old who's never in, no homework, no parents turning up and so on, and a 16yr old who's always been in and has a single day off sick or even few days off a year for a holiday. The teachers always knew the difference so what was wrong with the OLD system?

Crazy nanny state

exactly! i'd be very annoyed too and be sending a letter to governers and county council.

I've had huge problems with Caitlin's school, I am so glad she is moving up in September.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate schools,Mairead write to them and let them have it. They really feel thAt they weild some power over you.
    I would contact the LEA and ask them some questions and quote them in your reply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I'm with the rest Mairead. Totally unacceptable, and that is EXACTLY what I would tell them in person, and then in writing.

If you have other reporting channels, I'd use them too.

Completely ridiculous.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Give it to them !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got me sleeves rolled up and baseball bat ready... c'mon let's go.....

Post Thanks / Like
    ha ha ha come on then Helly...his school doesn't start 'til 10 today so you've time to get here!

i have decided to try and speak with his teacher first then see what happens from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    what a stupid letter to send out anyone would think you have hidden your son away fro the world for months on end !!! honestly schools now are just ridiculous. my ds has cf and has to attend hospital appointments which do tend to run over there appointment time so sometimes he is off school longer than i have anticipated, now i always send a note and ring the school to let them know. last year i recieved a letter saying that the educational welfare officer would be contacting me regarding my sons truancy (now i dont normally swear but gordon ramsey would have been proud of my language that day) suffice to say when said truancy officer called on me he did apologise as did the school after we sent them solicitors letters stating that they where harassing both us and our son also that they where breaking the disability rights act by treating our son like that (we also sent copies to the governors). funnily they havent asked us for "sick notes" again
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo77, post: 185571
    what a stupid letter to send out anyone would think you have hidden your son away fro the world for months on end !!! honestly schools now are just ridiculous. my ds has cf and has to attend hospital appointments which do tend to run over there appointment time so sometimes he is off school longer than i have anticipated, now i always send a note and ring the school to let them know. last year i recieved a letter saying that the educational welfare officer would be contacting me regarding my sons truancy (now i dont normally swear but gordon ramsey would have been proud of my language that day) suffice to say when said truancy officer called on me he did apologise as did the school after we sent them solicitors letters stating that they where harassing both us and our son also that they where breaking the disability rights act by treating our son like that (we also sent copies to the governors). funnily they havent asked us for "sick notes" again

See? That's what happens when a government (and I know this from first hand experience, with our own) presumes to step in and act as a parent. They can't get it right for everyone, and those like you and your son, for whom they get it wrong, are treated unfairly!

I am so glad that you took the time to put them right back in their proper places. If they are going to dog everyone's footsteps with regard to children attending school then they should have gotten it right for your son.

Take care, dumbo77 and good health to your son.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbo77, post: 185571
    good grief (to put it politely!) that is totally outrageous. i can't believe it, how disgusting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast