Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rude letter from school has left me fuming!

Post Thanks / Like
    On November 27th Jamie had a sick day off college that he attends once a week as part of his exams. DH called the college to let them know.

In the christmas holidays i received a letter from his school form tutor telling me that he had an unexplained absence from school on that day and the matter was now urgent. i don't know why it was now urgent, they hadn't written to me about it before.

So he went back to school on Monday and Tuesday. Admittedly i forgot to give him the letter i have written explaining to his tutor that as it was a Friday he wouldn't have been in school anyway, and that he'd been sick that day.

Today i received a pile of post, the first since the snow started and amongst the pile was a letter from the assistant head explaining stating "we have written to you previously requesting reasons for Jamies absence" and telling me they have passed details over to Education Welfare Authority!!

I am absolutely spitting mad. How dare they! I even tried to call them on Thursday to explain i'd forgotten to send the letter in but got their answering service!

Sorry I just had to rant. I cannot *believe* they have sent me these letters when the college was informed of his sickness in the first place!

Just wait 'til monday morning comes round....

Post Thanks / Like
    It's absolutely disgusting and you're spot on right to be spitting mad!

They seem to love this little bit of fake power they have don't they?

I was involved in making sure some school websites were live this week because they were publishing status info on there for parents. I was doing so I was reading the text for the status notices and some of it was just so pompously power mad.

There's a world of difference between a 12 yr old who's never in, no homework, no parents turning up and so on, and a 16yr old who's always been in and has a single day off sick or even few days off a year for a holiday. The teachers always knew the difference so what was wrong with the OLD system?

Crazy nanny state
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Idiots... maybe they didn't notice that the whole of the UK has been snowed under.

Post Thanks / Like
    I say rip them a new one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 185377
    I say rip them a new one!
    rip them a new what?

Post Thanks / Like
    and i like how they timed it so the letters turned up when the school's shut so i can't get straight on the phone and give them a severe telling off!

I am absolutely gobsmacked, good job that assistant head wasn't here or she'd have been gob smacked too!

no not really, i'm gobby not violent!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet they wouldnt need to keep begging parents for money for this, that and everything else if they stopped making unnecessary admin work for themselves sending out silly letters and interfering where they're not wanted.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    oh bless i just remembered when i looked at her picture, once when Jamie in year 9 (so he would have been 13) he had trouble with some horrible boy in his year so Sarah went to meet him outside school.

She'd walked down to long driveway to meet him at the school entrance door, but as she'd left the school a short time before the teachers told her she had to go, she told them off for letting things like that happen to Jamie and not doing anything about it! Good for her I say - she was 16 at the time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 185382
    I bet they wouldnt need to keep begging parents for money for this, that and everything else if they stopped making unnecessary admin work for themselves sending out silly letters and interfering where they're not wanted.
    There were references to a fine......yeah, they can try!

Post Thanks / Like
    Noway! really? Nazi's!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast