Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madness

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 185525
    i think they need to get a grip to be honest, my contract says that if i can't get to my place of work i should go to the nearest establishment and offer my services. Surely Teachers can go to their nearest school to help out.
    Well once upon a time they could but in these days of security and paranoia all school staff have to be CRB checked and that check is school specific and cannot be transferred to another school. I've got 3 background checks for 3 different schools but I would not be allowed to use those to work in any other schools. Same is for all school staff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 185565
    Well once upon a time they could but in these days of security and paranoia all school staff have to be CRB checked and that check is school specific and cannot be transferred to another school. I've got 3 background checks for 3 different schools but I would not be allowed to use those to work in any other schools. Same is for all school staff.
    We are the same, I had had 2 CRB checks done but the company I now work for had another one done even though the others were done in less than a year, also I would have to have another one done if I wanted to work at my sons school or go on school trips with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    schools open as usual here, dont think we have had the snow as bad as most places
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Background checks are not transferrable between the same type/level of school? That's odd, no?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 185587
    Background checks are not transferrable between the same type/level of school? That's odd, no?
    don't be silly! i had 3 in 1 year once- absolutely ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I left my high school for college, the college run a shortcourse program which is basically on a Wednesday afternoon you do an activity to add to your CV, or volunteer work. I helped out with ICT at my old high school.

I was learning there less than 3 months before, yet I still had to have a CRB check! I'm all for safety etc so it doesn't bother me- I just failed to see how I posed much of a risk! I suppose the school need something to show that their pupils will be safe!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    You'd think the results would just be stored centrally wouldn't you with a little ID card sent to you when you passed. School scans the id card which contacts the central location and reports "yep all still good and valid" or "eeeeek RUN!!!!"
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 185683
    You'd think the results would just be stored centrally wouldn't you with a little ID card sent to you when you passed. School scans the id card which contacts the central location and reports "yep all still good and valid" or "eeeeek RUN!!!!"
    can we start a thread entitled 'that's why this country is in such a mess' LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    And every other country is perfect?

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course not! Each country has it's own problems, and inefficiencies. Recognizing some of them, does not mean one doesn't care for their own particular country. :)

Sometimes, folks just like to vent a bit.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12