Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are off tomorrow!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to pop in and say Goodbye. Have you seen my countdown??

This hasn't been the build-up I'd planned. There are a multitude of things that haven't gone to plan:

After a couple of weeks we have only had our hot water reconnected properly as of this afternoon, so clothes washing and house cleaning is slightly behind (I think that's an understatement ).

The snow of course. 5 weeks of snow here. We have a quarter-mile drive that has proved to be a trauma to get out of. This was lovely over the Christmas hols, but the last 10 days had proved hugely problematic. We've had no post for 10 days, apart from the holiday clothes of mine that Marks and Spencer delivered by placing in our wheelie bin in a blizzard on the day the bin collection was due

The guy who looks after our business while we're away went sledging on Friday and broke his ankle very badly :( He had an op on Sunday, and is due another before we get back. He is soldiering on, bless him (he is a total star), but of course it means things aren't watertight :(

There is more snow forecast for tomorrow. Our housesitter is due to arrive by train tomorrow and trains have been being cancelled in droves. I won't even start to worry about whether our flight to Orlando will be on time.........

I won't bore you with any more. Suffice to say that there is still a heap of packing and sorting to be done

But tomorrow evening (rather than the afternoon we had hoped for), if all goes to plan, we drive the 2 and a half hours to Manchester airport and stay over. Then Thursday morning we hopefully get the 10:30am flight.....

It's been nearly 7 years since I was last there, and I just know when I walk down Main Street on Friday morning I will burst into tears!!!! In a good way of course. And the very next thing we will do is pop into the Barber shop to see if they can cut Mr Debs' hair as he hasn't had a chance to get it done here. He would fit very well into the Muppet Show right now

And we know that when we are there we wll have a wonderful time!

Will miss you

Post Thanks / Like
    do not sweat the small stuff :) You are going to have a brilliant time and everything will fall into place before you leave :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent you a PM, hope we can meet up :-)

You're excitement is contagious!! You are going to have such a good time!!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a fantastic time Deb!

Post Thanks / Like
    ahhh Deb, it's been one thing after another......you just go off and have a fantastic time hunny

Post Thanks / Like
    hope you have the best time ever Deb!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!! Have the best time and relax, what gets done gets done!! It's more important to pack Can't wait for the pictures and trip report

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a fantastic time Deb and Mr Deb

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a fantastic time

Post Thanks / Like
    The weekend is supposed to warm up to 78 degrees!!! :9: :9:

Sending every good wish that your flight is on time, and your house sitter arrives safely.

Enjoy every minute of your time at WDW.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast