Thread: However bad it may seem...

Post Thanks / Like
    ... be grateful that you do not live in Haiti.

Decades of poverty, environmental degradation, violence, instability and dictatorship have left Haiti as the poorest nation in the Americas. A devastating earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale struck Haiti on 12 January 2010, killing an estimated 50,000 people and leaving scores more homeless and without food or water.

https://www.redcross.org.uk/emergenc....aspx?id=88917

Post Thanks / Like
    The television reports are heartbreaking. We just can't imagine what it must be like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very, Very Sad !

Post Thanks / Like
    just cannot even begin to imagine.......

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a dear friend who is Haitian. :( Her Grandmother and Aunt were crushed in rubble. :( Her parents and two sisters are alive, but that's all she knows.

The third sister was murdered previously by renegades. :(

The devestation is total. There is no food. No general access to running water. No medical care. Minimal police presence. No trained rescue teams.

The US is now arriving with a pledged 100 million in aid. I hope they are in time to save the millions of homeless, hungry, hurt people. :(

I can't watch the reports. I know that sounds so stupid, but I just can't do it. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    They are reporting that another quake (6.1) struck shortly after 6AM this morning.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG. :(

I saw some footage of the woman who was pulled out of rubble six days after being buried. Yesterday it was a five year old child... seven days. :(

I simply cannot fathom.

A second quake? Almost as strong as the first? Well, there isn't much left to come down. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I know.. sometimes we complain about stuff not really worth complaining about

The devastation is beyond what I could have imagined....

Post Thanks / Like
    And then every so often, a wonderful story. Two children, a brother and sister pulled alive from the ruins of their home today. A glimmer of hope in amongst all the despair.